turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Auto Loader Turkey Gun

Started by GunRunner, June 28, 2017, 07:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunRunner

Looking at the Weatherby 459 SA, Stoeger 3500, Remington 11-87.

What is your recommendation?

GunRunner

Jroddc

I have a Browning silver NWTF edition and couldn't be happier.

Yoder409

Winchester's FN guns..................

Super X2, Super X3 or Super X4.

Half the money of the Benellis and Berettas and ALL the reliability, durability and speed performance with less recoil.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Farmboy27

What ever feels right. Almost any gun will give you good patterns with today's chokes and loads. And most are plenty reliable for turkey hunting. Reliability may come into play for a waterfowl gun and definitely for a clay gun that is shooting hundreds if not thousands of rounds a year. Most turkey guns only "need" to shoot a handful of rounds a year.

nsselle

any 12 or 20 will do if you get them into range.

lowoctane

Quote from: GunRunner on June 28, 2017, 07:20:08 PM
Looking at the Weatherby 459 SA, Stoeger 3500, Remington 11-87.

What is your recommendation?

GunRunner
All three of these are good guns and will shoot great patterns with the chokes and loads available today. Which one fits you better? Weight is a big issue to me, is it to you though? Have fun picking one out!
:camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

SumToy

all of the guns that have been listed are good guns.  I would go pick them up to see what fits me best.  You will be happy with any of them.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

daddyduke

My brother in law has a Winchester 20 gauge. Very nice and reliable gun.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

yelpaholic

FL-Boss

for strictly turkey,  SA-459 hands down.

Double B

Followed by buzzards

Longshanks

Forked lighting

I have a 11/87 20 ga i bought an.hunted with this year liked the way it came up bought Carlson choke tube an shoot fed 7,s. Really like it

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk