OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Frank Cox and his usual Self

Started by ccleroy, June 28, 2017, 07:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

when you know all turkey seasons are closed.... When guys argue of who others buy calls from

Lots of really nice guys building calls and plenty of arrogant jerks as well but buy whatever you want from whoever.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spitten and drummen

appreciate that will. it is insane to be judged because we choose to buy calls from a individual who has insulted some people. I could care less who they talk about as long as im not directly affected. if it offends the person , then that person should take it up with the offender. people have gotten really thinned skinned. Cox is a grown man and he insults other grown men. perhaps being that all parties involved are grown men , maybe they should handle it themselves. I personally have no issues with anyone here and can agree to disagree.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Rapscallion Vermilion

For me personally, the character of the fellow that made the call does have a very real effect on my enjoyment of using that call in the woods and my willingness to send money his way.  Purely a personal decision for me.  A different choice by someone else on who to buy calls from doesn't tell me anything about their character.

Terry

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 29, 2017, 09:12:55 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on June 29, 2017, 07:19:42 AM
I do not have a Farmer and have never tried getting one.  They are a great piece of turkey hunting history but nothing I have to have.  I do not know Cox or Farmer on a personal level.  I do know that I have never heard or heard of Farmer being ugly and cruel to people to try to make himself look better.  I have also never heard or saw where Farmer went out of his way to belittle another call maker or his product.  I cannot say the same for Cox, actually there are many, many examples of Frank being a total jerk for many years.

On another thread a guy shoots an illegal elk, which I am against and glad to see justice is being served, and people are going ballistic talking about boycotting all his companies and how he is such a jerk.  Then you have a guy that has been nothing but a behind hole to many, many people for many of years and people excuse it as the way he is.  They have no personal issue with Cox so they will not get involved.  I guess that trumpet means more to them than other things in life. 

I do not own a Farmer, and most likely I never will, but I do not own a Cox and I know for certain that I never will.

I see what you are saying , but even though frank cox is a big ole a hole , he did not shoot a hen turkey out of season or a cow elk either as far as we know. That garbage is plain unethical. Frank did not break any game laws. I agree he is a big ole a hole for the most part , but although he does flap his gums alot , that doesnt justify me not buying his calls. I am in no way defending the clown in his actions , just stating he makes a great trumpet in my opinion. I dont feel that its the holy grail of trumpets. I believe mr billy and mr farmer as well as several others make a great trumpet also. You will not speak with a finer gentleman than mr billy buice. oh and in my haste in above post , I stated I had trumpets from both the above men. I did not mean to say I had a farmers trumpet as I do not. I meant to say I have several trumpets from alot of guys including Mr Buice. My apologies.
Dang it! I was hoping to see some pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

davisd9

I do not think anyone has said anything negative about the majority of the individuals that purchase or own a Cox trumpet, but have spoken against Cox and why they personally will not do business with him. That is why these conversations are bad to have on a forum as it is too easy to misinterpret what is being said.

To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Terry

I wonder if Frank has a Farmer trumpet he'd sell me for cheap?

davisd9

Quote from: Terry on June 29, 2017, 11:17:19 AM
I wonder if Frank has a Farmer trumpet he'd sell me for cheap?

By the cost of those CDs I think it would cost you a premium for that piece of "junk".

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Andy S.

Quote from: LBA on June 28, 2017, 09:52:02 PMMeanwhile he has 40 sitting on his bench while you believe that list hoopla...
This is the best part of this entire thread. I stop by his shop quarterly and have never seen more than 2-3 trumpets that were about ready to ship (not 100% finished), and I have seen his list. I have picked it up and reviewed it several times. The best part is how many "well known" call makers are on his list, several of whom I have spoken too and they admitted that the man makes one hell of a trumpet, with impeccable craftsmanship. In my opinion, his trumpets are hands down the best, and ALL of mine (several) are very consistent and ALL turkey.

When was the last time you were in his shop?
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Andy S.

Quote from: TauntoHawk on June 29, 2017, 10:15:45 AMLots of really nice guys building calls and plenty of arrogant jerks as well but buy whatever you want from whoever.
Eggggggxactly, spend your money where you want and don't worry about what others think about it.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: davisd9 on June 29, 2017, 11:15:39 AM
I do not think anyone has said anything negative about the majority of the individuals that purchase or own a Cox trumpet, but have spoken against Cox and why they personally will not do business with him. That is why these conversations are bad to have on a forum as it is too easy to misinterpret what is being said.

To each their own.

you did not but a fellow on here called people who has franks calls or are on his list morons.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Spitten and drummen

Sorry Terry. Would love to have one or 6 of Mr Farmers trumpets to show off.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

davisd9

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 29, 2017, 01:15:29 PMyou did not but a fellow on here called people who has franks calls or are on his list morons.

Must have overlooked that and see no need for anyone saying that.

sixbird

This is all somebody else's circus, somebody else's monkeys, but I will say this...There are plenty of great guys, personally, to buy calls from. Marlin Watkins, Al Shoemaker, Jimmy Schaffer, Mike Lapp, Richard Hudson, Tim Bullock, Lonnie Sneed...Go down the list. If a guy is a jerk, he could make the call that would call every turkey in the universe and he wouldn't get my money. I just couldn't bring myself to support somebody like that...That said, I wouldn't hold it against anybody who did...Just makes me feel like I'm somehow weak to know that somebody is mean spirited and support him anyway. Now before anybody gets their back fur all up, I didn't say I felt anyone else was weak for doing same. I just would feel that about myself...

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

idratherb

:popcorn: I'm headed to sams club for more popcorn