turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm not the sentimental type but my wife suprised me with a good one

Started by TauntoHawk, June 26, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I recently told my wife that until I shot a bird I thought was worth the price of good taxi work I wanted something a little nicer than just another beard/spur combo to hang from a hook with all the others. I told her I thought about getting some feathers painted that could be placed in a frame or something nice enough to go in the living room where I have a few deer mounts but nothing turkey as those are all in my office.

Well I guess my wife thought how hard can that be and took a few feathers from the basement and suprised me for my birthday with attempt 1 and 2.

I couldn't be happier with how these turned out, and now I have plans for her to practice on a few other feathers and fans. Really capped off a good season for me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Happy

She has talent! That's pretty special.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

sixbird

eorlando

That is awesome and so much better than something bought. I love it. I wish I had that kind of talent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ericbrooks

That's awesome man!! She has a great talent there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Now that's pretty cool.   You may want to hang on to her. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

SwampRooster17

callmakerman

Dude she's a keeper. Without a doubt that's awesome and a very fine gesture on her part. Congrats that very special.

owlhoot

Very nice
And just a bit of FYI talent like that can maybe earn her a little bit of spending money.
Being as you hang around places like this.

crenshawco

Quote from: owlhoot on June 26, 2017, 03:55:15 PM
Very nice
And just a bit of FYI talent like that can maybe earn her a little bit of spending money.
Being as you hang around places like this.

I second this. Very impressive work for sure.

TauntoHawk

Thank you guys, I know my wife is wonderful at many things but I didn't realize she could just paint with no prior practice simply because she's "artsy", she explained making a wedding cakes was much harder something she dabbled with before we had kids as a side hobby/business

She was already a keeper as she turkey hunts but now she is in trouble, I told her that she might have to start doing some serious side work for me to keep my custom call addiction supported. She thinks with some practice she can do "much better" according to her and that she did these in about 3hrs while working last weekend between patients. I know I'm going to have her attempt to put something together for a hunting buddy and some things for next years NWTF vet hunt I volunteer at. Good thing I have lots of feathers saved

Thanks for letting me share them with you

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SteelerFan

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny