turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Two Bone vs Three Bone

Started by greencop01, June 19, 2017, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

What's the difference between them. Softer sound, pitch.....? One easier to play over the other? Or personal preference ?
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

M Sharpe

To me it seems to be personal preference. Some ask for a two bone, some want a three bone. A lot of old timers hunted with a two bone and some only hunted with just the mouthpiece bone with a large sound chamber formed with their hands. Mine are just about the same length whether 2 or 3 bone.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Fatbeard

I am with Sharpe on the personal preference. I have done a few 2 bone and I really like them. Almost all of the wingbones I do are 3. Either way sound great
East TN Beard Buster

EZ

I've made mostly three bones but quite a few two bone yelpers. IMHO, the two bone calls sound the best when you use a big gobbler Ulna and a hen or goose bone radius (mouthpiece). One is no easier than the other to use. My personal preference is a three bone call because you can get greater volume, but they both work well.

M Sharpe

I'm going to have to disagree with part of this!! Hen bone mouthpiece yes, but not all jake and gobbler bones are the same. Maybe where you and I come from they make good bones; but, not from every where
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!