turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Price Check On 11-87 Super Mag

Started by turkeyinstrut, June 24, 2017, 11:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyinstrut

I have got a 11-87 Super Mag in very good condition (98+%) that I was thinking about selling and wondered what it was worth, it is in Mossy Oak Obsession, 23" VR barrel and comes in the original box with the matching sling still in the plastic. This gun is topped with a Burris SpeedDot 35 MM red dot scope, thanks in advance for any help.

the Ward

Since you are not allowed to buy or sell guns on O.G, I would put it on gunbroker or someplace similar, with a reserve on it of the least amount you would be willing to take for it. Or you could look up on those same sites of what those guns have been selling for.

turkeyinstrut

Bamalimbhanger

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: the Ward on June 25, 2017, 11:51:58 AM
Since you are not allowed to buy or sell guns on O.G, I would put it on gunbroker or someplace similar, with a reserve on it of the least amount you would be willing to take for it. Or you could look up on those same sites of what those guns have been selling for.

I've tried that, the thing is you NEVER see these guns for sale.

Ihuntoldschool

the Ward

Quote from: turkeyinstrut on June 26, 2017, 09:28:22 PM

Copy that. I don't know what they sold for new,  but in excellent shape with a quality red dot like the burris, I would imagine should bring at least 80-85% of what a new one cost? Just a guess on my part though on what I've seen on the used market lately.

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: the Ward on June 27, 2017, 05:15:22 PM

Copy that. I don't know what they sold for new,  but in excellent shape with a quality red dot like the burris, I would imagine should bring at least 80-85% of what a new one cost? Just a guess on my part though on what I've seen on the used market lately.

I bought the gun new in 2006 and paid 875.00 for it then, the Burris was a little over 200.00 back then. I would like to get 750.00 for the whole package, this gun has served me well and had been the demise of MANY birds, I have moved to a Benelli M2 20 ga. and started loading TSS and just don't ever see myself carrying this gun again although it don't eat much.

Longshanks

Quote from: turkeyinstrut on June 27, 2017, 07:59:37 PM

I bought the gun new in 2006 and paid 875.00 for it then, the Burris was a little over 200.00 back then. I would like to get 750.00 for the whole package, this gun has served me well and had been the demise of MANY birds, I have moved to a Benelli M2 20 ga. and started loading TSS and just don't ever see myself carrying this gun again although it don't eat much.

Hard to pay that for a used Remington. Saw a synthetic 11-87 the other day for $550 new and a Beretta Outlander goes for about the same. Good luck selling and maybe the lack of them for sale will have someone pay more for the gun. Seems the older they are the more people want to pay for them these days. It's worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it.

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: Longshanks on June 27, 2017, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: turkeyinstrut on June 27, 2017, 07:59:37 PM

Hard to pay that for a used Remington. Saw a synthetic 11-87 the other day for $550 new and a Beretta Outlander goes for about the same. Good luck selling and maybe the lack of them for sale will have someone pay more for the gun. Seems the older they are the more people want to pay for them these days. It's worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it.

But I'll bet the one you saw for 550.00 'new" was a Sportsman, this gun is a SP and their is NO comparison to the two of them.

Longshanks

I'm sure it is a great gun. Shouldn't have any problem selling it. Let you know if I hear of anyone looking for one.

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: Longshanks on June 28, 2017, 09:30:43 PM
I'm sure it is a great gun. Shouldn't have any problem selling it. Let you know if I hear of anyone looking for one.

Thanks