OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Photobucket  (Read 35312 times)

Offline Ishi

Re: Photobucket
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 07:31:58 PM »
^^^ I'm glad it's not just me not seeing the BBC on my iPhone  :blob10:
I finally have the laptop figured out but I need the app in my iPhone to function properly. I do 99% of my posting to forums on my phone. Thanks again guys hopefully Flickr is working on the problems. I should be receiving a email back from Flickr soon on these issues. I'll post the results if and when I receive them. 
I'll also have to look at Tinypic for another option.
The Spirit Lives On

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
Photobucket
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »
I finally have the laptop figured out but I need the app in my iPhone to function properly. I do 99% of my posting to forums on my phone. Thanks again guys hopefully Flickr is working on the problems. I should be receiving a email back from Flickr soon on these issues. I'll post the results if and when I receive them. 

This has been an issue with Flickr for a while now.  There is a clumsy work around I found on the web.
I'm posting this from my iPhone using Flickr in Safari (Flickr.com).

If you open the image in Safari on your phone (you can use that Share link from the Flickr app), scroll down the page and hit the flickr.com button.  You should see the image the way it looks on the laptop.  Touch the download button (down arrow into a bar) and a bunch of sizes pop up.  Hold your finger on a size option until the long screen with the Copy option pops up. Hit Copy, and post that link between [ img] and [ /img] brackets (without the spaces). Once you are in flickr.com, it is pretty easy to go through your images and do others the same way.  Given how awkward this is, if I was doing most of my posting from an iPhone, I'd check out some of the other hosting services before getting too far into Flickr.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:07:44 PM by Rapscallion Vermilion »

Offline Ishi

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 09:38:03 PM »
Thanks for the advice and help! Great looking dog looks like he likes mud.
The Spirit Lives On

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:28 AM »
I don't see the BBC code link on my phone either through safari or through the Flickr app. I use to be able to post using either. Now the only way I can post is if I do it from my laptop. I can click on share on my phone but I don't get the BBC code option anywhere. I can post the same pic from my laptop and bingo there is the BBC code. I don't know. Maybe someone else knows. I have been using Flickr for 3-4 years now and just ran into this problem within the past few months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
If you have an iphone or ipad, there is a nice app called PhotoStream for Flickr that links your iOS device to your Flickr account and makes grabbing the BBCode link real easy.

Offline Ishi

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 06:06:43 AM »
I looked in to Tinypic a little bit. On there web page in small print it said they were owned by Photobucket. That's the company I trying to get away from.
The Spirit Lives On

Offline eorlando

• Longbeard
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »

This has been an issue with Flickr for a while now.  There is a clumsy work around I found on the web.
I'm posting this from my iPhone using Flickr in Safari (Flickr.com).

If you open the image in Safari on your phone (you can use that Share link from the Flickr app), scroll down the page and hit the flickr.com button.  You should see the image the way it looks on the laptop.  Touch the download button (down arrow into a bar) and a bunch of sizes pop up.  Hold your finger on a size option until the long screen with the Copy option pops up. Hit Copy, and post that link between [ img] and [ /img] brackets (without the spaces). Once you are in flickr.com, it is pretty easy to go through your images and do others the same way.  Given how awkward this is, if I was doing most of my posting from an iPhone, I'd check out some of the other hosting services before getting too far into Flickr.

You figured it out for me!!!! You rock. That was all it was. When I have Flickr opened in safari and I have a picture opened I want to post all I had to do was scroll down and click on the Flickr.com link and then it looks just like it does on my laptop. The BBC code shows up and I can post the pic. Thanks a ton!!!! I thought I was going out of my mind. I still can't figure out how to post from the app but this is good enough for now.

Offline jeubank3

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »
This photobucket thing has really pissed me off.  I was on a fishing forum, and even an admin, for about 10 years, and it is completely shot now, since most everyone used pb based on the fact existing members already were.  Probably 60% of the photo content is gone now.  Some of the pb stuff is not going down, and it's only from the inactive users.  Only thing I can figure is that they aren't yet going after the accounts of people who don't continue to share through them.  All of my stuff still appeared on the forum, until I made a post with pb pics about a week ago.  It was fine for a day or so, then I got that same image everyone gets.  I would suggest not touching that pb account and using something else in the hopes that they'll just pass you over. 

Offline Ishi

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
^^^ You very well could be right. I've been checking my posts on different forums and the pics are still there knock on wood. I'll never use them again for sharing and they will never get anymore of my money as I have ordered stuff from them in the past.
The Spirit Lives On

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 05:37:33 PM »

test............almost got it,,,,,,

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »

I think I have it now,, just have to remember to adjust the picture size

Offline Gawhitaker

• Longbeard
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2017, 07:33:51 PM »
I, ve been following , joined fliker, i can get to the BBC on the computer. So far the BBC and the resizing have not  been available in my i phone

Offline Number17

• Pennsylvania 4E
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 08:14:41 AM »
Photobucket Fix:

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Offline WillieShin

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »
Photobucket Fix:

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

Great tip! :)

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »
I couldn't get flicker to work worth a flip. Went to imgur and it's so simple even I can do it!!! Very user friendly for this redneck.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline wvboy

• Central VA .. But WV is Home
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
Flickr is a pain.. and I'm a computer nerd by trade.. so that is saying something..

IMGr is much easier.. my 2 cents.. 

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads