OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smallest gobbler to date

Started by catman529, April 21, 2019, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Opening day last year in Maine, I shot the strutter, only weighed 16 pounds. But he had 1 1/4" spurs, great for up here. Ya never know. Great hunt  :turkey2:

Big Jeremy

I killed one in TN last week that only weighed 15.4 pounds. Killed a Jake (thought I was shooting the long beard, and could only see the neck and head of the birds) that weighed 16.8 pounds a couple of weeks prior to that within a few miles of the longboard. Go figure.

Nathan_Wiles

Sweet hunt! I shot one in the SC Lowcountry that only weighed 15 but had 1.5" spurs. We call them "working turkeys" they live a hard life in those swamps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

chufagold

killed one 2 weeks ago that was 14.5 but had 1.5 inch hooks. Buddy killed one last weekend 13 pounds barely with 1 3/8 hooks. have killed them up to 24 pounds in same general area over the years

POk3s

Just an easier walk back to the truck!  :turkey2:

Great job catman!

uk.turkey.hunter

Congrats on your harvest dude!

So I was able to kill a turkey Saturday afternoon that weighed between 18 to 20 lbs. Had about an 8 to 10 inch beard but didn't have any spurs on either leg. No nubs, no nothing on either leg.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

eddie234

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catman529

Quote from: POk3s on April 23, 2019, 10:11:57 AM
Just an easier walk back to the truck!  :turkey2:

Great job catman!
Thanks! 5 minute downhill walk to the boat and 20 minute boat ride to camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro