OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Old Personal Stribling.

Started by Jake St. John, June 24, 2017, 07:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake St. John

I loaned my Old Personal Stribling to Billy Johnson for the Opening of the Mississippi Heritage Museum.  I told him I would make a replacement as soon as Got Time.  It's Time!  I miss hearing "Sweetness"  I added a few notches since this picture was taken.  Something about an old box.  This one seems to get better with time, or you learn the spots and rhythms those old boys seem to respond to.  I made this box in 1987  and the holster the same year.  The History of the Stribling calls are written about in Mr. Wineman's first book,  East of the Slash.  The first Chapter in Bird of Courage, That Ain't No Call, This is a Call is about this call. 

Mr.E

crow

very nice looking call and picture

silverspur

Lots of great memories in that ole box call Mr E. your Turpins are awesome!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thanks for sharing.  That box is very classic and I love those tally marks.  Really really special call right there.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Rapscallion Vermilion

Glad to see you on here Mr. E.   My wife plays the violin and says the more they are played the better they sound, especially the very best ones. Maybe the same with some box calls. Wade Wineman's books are amongst the finest in turkey hunting literature and I've enjoyed his recounting of your exploits together.   

mgm1955

Great story John! Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Jake St. John

Third party hosting will drive most part time Callmakers to Facebook!!!!!! And Instagram

Jbird22

Just use a decent photo hosting site not named Photobucket. I use Tinypic.com due to my extreme dislike for Photobucket.

Jake St. John