OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

F150 vs chevy\gmc Sierr@ ? Which

Started by TheSportsman, June 23, 2017, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Guys, I'm getting ready to get another truck. I've owned 2 GMC Sierr@  z71s in my life. Never had a Ford. I get truck regularly maintenced at the dealership, etc. I'm really thinking about a Ford f150 fx4 this go round. Who has had both? Which do you like better, tougher, etc. Thanks for opinions

Happy

You trying to start a fight?
Personally I prefere chevy/gmc. I have owned a few ford's and only one wasn't junk. We have a good many vehicles from all the major manufacturers here at work and our head mech rates them in this order as far as maintenance is concerned. Best to worst. Toyota, Chevy/GMC and Dodge and Ford last.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

yelpaholic

of the 2 options provided Chevy.......
IF it was my money   Toyota  all the way. 

Greg Massey

I've had Ford , Toyota and Chevy....hands down Chevy....Z71 4x4......  Chevy has a better ride and higher resale value....  For my work during the years we had Fords just because they were cheaper most all of us disliked the fords...

Dr Juice

I had a Silverado for 8-yrs and traded it in for my GMC Sierr@ . IMO both vehicles are awesome. Good luck with your selection.

davisd9

If crew cab the ford will have much more room.  Both are good trucks if taken care of.  I personally do not care for the eccoboost engines from Ford but they still make a V8.  I like the looks of the Chevy better for newer ones.  They both have pros and cons, go drive them and choose. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tomfoolery

I had an 06 gmc that was the biggest hunk of junk ive owned. Lots of electrical issues and transmission issues. Not counting all the cosmetic things that fell apart on it. Switch to Ford in 2010 and havent looked back. Had a F150 crew cab that never gave me 1 single problem had a little over 120k miles on it. Recently traded it for an F250 diesel. Love it so far

Brian Fahs

owlhoot

Chevy Truck is the way to go.
Ford headaches, new aluminum body, not sure. Mechanics nightmare.
If buying new get every extended warranty you can .
Never thought I would say this but new dodge can be had significantly cheaper than ford or Chevy .
Lots of guys I know have been going that route. Good friend of mine owns his mechanics garage and that is what he recommends . He works on a lot of friends stuff and does it cheaper .He hates fords  but says if he had recommended fords to everyone he would have a lot more money for sure LOL.

POk3s

hahahaha well chalk me up as another chevy/gmc guy. Owned back to back gmc's and loved them both. Buying another in a year or two.

Never owned a ford. My dad bought a raptor and it blew up at 30,000 miles. Only experience I have with them.

wvspitndrum

Between the two , definitely the Ford,  ive had them all both personal and as company trucks, i work in the oil field so they definitely get tested . If  I were to rate the top 4 it would go Toyota,  Ford  , Dodge , GMC/CHEVY ,  but i am soley basing this on work and off road capabilities,  if you want a smooth ride down the 4 lane go Chevy , if you want any kind of ground  clearance go with one of the other 3 , ive had to have more dozers drag me around in the Chevys than all the others combined  ! Just my 2 cents based on 18 trucks both personal and company in the past 17 years .

Jroddc

Jbird22

Coming from someone who used to be a GM guy, buy a Tundra with the 5.7 and don't look back!

Yoder409

There are 4 Z-71's in the family............  2003 Suburban, 2007 Sierr@ , 2009 Silverado, 2012 Silverado............  All 5.3 V-8's.  Each one has been GREAT.

I had two early F-150's............ an 87 and a 94.  Both were 5.0 V-8's.  Loved them both.  AWESOME trucks !!! Had an 05 Expedition 5.4 V-8 and will never, EVER own another Ford product.  It was a gutless gas hog.  The wife's 03 Suburban Z-71 5.3 V-8 with 15 less horsepower than the 5.4 Ford made 1.5+ mpg more around town on Mud Terrain T/A's than the Ford made on Yokahama highway tires and the Suburban would SMOKE the Ford in a drag race.

I'd have a new Z-71 if I could afford one.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

outdoors

MY FORD WAS PURCHASED ON 2004 NEW SOME FRONT END WORK , AND REAR END ,ENGINE VERY STRONG  ......... I THINK I JUST GOT A GOOD ONE ........ 116,000 miles
Sometimes I wish it was a 4 x 4
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field