OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

why a 20 over 12 ?

Started by DirtNap647, June 09, 2017, 09:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forked lighting

Ive had good luck wiyh Carlson,s an good price

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I have a small 12ga and still feel like the 20 handles better and carry's lighter, holding on target those pounds add up if you aren't in the perfect off the knee scenario.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SteelerFan

Quote from: TauntoHawk on June 12, 2017, 11:01:48 AM
I have a small 12ga and still feel like the 20 handles better and carry's lighter, holding on target those pounds add up if you aren't in the perfect off the knee scenario.

^^^ This

I'm a new 20 convert. I've carried a 12 ga. Rem 870 / Win 1300 NWTF / and most recently a 12 ga  Benelli M2 (relatively light gun) during my "career". My "new" 20 ga 870 youth with 21" and shurshot stock just carries & "points" so easy.

Buford

Iam like a marine, the more gun the better. I've hunted with the twenty for two or three years and I think I do a little better with the twelve. I have more confidence when I pull the trigger. I can have a more open choke with the twelve. I don't shoot the TSS shot. Lead does every thing I want. I shoot a 870 with 28 inch barrel and never notice the weight or barrel length. Winchester super x  1 3/4 ounce of 6s. Out to forty with a extra full remington choke. Does the trick every time.     Buford

rangerGT

Quote from: ccleroy on June 09, 2017, 10:05:31 AM
Light weight, lower recoil, better payload for a sub gauge....my 20's I have built are significantly lighter than my 12's. Being lighter weight is the greatest benefit.

Yep....this ^^^

Sent from my typewriter