turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

VanCise Box

Started by Spring Creek Calls, June 19, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Have a 4th on way . Its sapodilla over american beech. My favorite so far is my ipe over chestnut.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

So Matt e mailed me and said when he went to ship my box, he noticed that the sound had changed. He built another, but wasn't satisfied with that one either. Then he tells me he is shipping me his Ipe/Chestnut from his personal collection!

What a great guy to deal with. I would say he definitely holds his calls to high standards.

Coop1082

He's a stand up act vt35! Congrats! Let us know how the sapodilla sounds S&D!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Chris O

Nice looking and sounding calls. I didn't find one that I didn't like on his page.

Spitten and drummen

All I can say is holy smoke. This sapadillo over beech is awsome. One of the best sounding box calls I have ever played.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Coop1082

I almost didn't want you to tell me that S&D! Lol...congrats! He's turning out some gems. The black palm he just posted on Facebook caught my eye and ear, but I'm still fairly firm on Ipe/Chestnut....atleast until reading this!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

SteelerFan

I was set on the IPE / Chestnut... until I saw this wormy butternut. Had to have one, so Matt is building me one. Pretty sure I could ask Matt to just reach behind him and grab one off the bench and I'd be happy - but I liked the looks of the wormy wood and I really liked the sound.

https://youtu.be/zhoHHXkur6s

*and I agree with you Coop - that black palm / limba is pretty awesome too!

[photo / sound file by High Class Calls - Matt Van Cise]

Coop1082

Somehow I missed that one on his Facebook page Steeler...amazing sound there, as is everything I think he throws together. There isn't one single call I've listened to that he makes that doesn't make me say "I need that!". That man can flat build a box!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

beardhunter87

Finally got it in the mail! She is amazing and runs great! First Snakewood Box and I love it. Matt Van Cise boxes are top notch and I guarantee will help in the assist of a turkey next year here in MO.

Coop1082

I like the figure especially in your Pecan Beardhunter! She's quite the runner isn't she?!?
CRUSADERS

[/img]

beardhunter87

Quote from: Coop1082 on July 07, 2017, 08:05:01 PM
I like the figure especially in your Pecan Beardhunter! She's quite the runner isn't she?!?
Yea Coop! I was happy with the Snakewood and Pecan Figure. And boy o boy that sound! Def be in my vest. I have a problem now where I have so many amazing calls which ones make it with me when I go hunting?? Guess we will see next year! I know one thing I always carry a box and this one will have to b there  :drool:

outdoors

YUP I RECEIVED MINE ALSO , NOTHING BAD AT ALL ABOUT THIS CALL
JUST AEWSOME LOOKING AND SOUNDING CALL .......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spring Creek Calls

Bolivian rosewood over black limba.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Coop1082

Awesome box there as well! I'm thinking I'm
about to bite on a black palm over limba! Just finished talking to Matt and I'm hopefully going to get one in the works soon!
CRUSADERS

[/img]