OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H12 velocity

Started by dpittman, April 13, 2011, 08:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpittman

I am shooting H12 #6 out of my TK2000 with 100-110 gr 2F GOEX. I would think my velocity is in the neighborhood of 1000fps. It is 2oz with 25gr PSB. Can anyone tell me if this speed is sufficient and at what range should I not exceed. My counts at 40 are 150+ but I am concerned about the velocity. The last shot I took had an avg pellet weight of 1.9 gr. The ML seems kind of hard to chrono I think because of the smoke.

Reloader

I've chronoed a bunch of h13 6s at 950-1050.  Shot one at 50yds once that only chronoed 975 and it blew threw sheet tin. Shoot a CP lead #6 at 1300 and the pellets bounced off the tin. 

Don't worry about the MV you have now, find the distance it falls to 100, call it your max under calm/warm conditions, and go pile up some toms.

Good Luck

Reloader

dpittman

I shot thru the chrono today and it worked. Shoot was 2oz of #6 Ex Range with 110 gr 2F GOEX and 25 gr PSB. Chrono said 1089 fps @ abot 10 ft from muzzle.  143 in 10 @40. 

dpittman

Barry, I son't think I could get the TK up to those speeds. It would take an awful lot of powder and the recoil is already bad enough. Have you ever shot yours with 2.5oz of shot and at least 100 gr T7. Tou should try it, its real fun.....Doug

dpittman

Barry, how did the cleanshot compare to real blackpowderor T7? I would like something that cleans up easy and still produces good velocity and patterns. That may be asking too much...Doug

dpittman

I shoot the BH209 out of my 50 cal and it works great but it does not work so good in my TK. If you can get it to ignite reliably let me know. Does your TK have the bare primer plug or the FPJ breech plug? Mine is the FPJ maybe that is why it didn't work well.