turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Differences in Trumpets

Started by Footballer, June 16, 2017, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I'm new to trumpets, so forgive me for my ignorance. Is there a wide variance in sounds between different trumpets? At least with pot calls, sounds and tones can vary greatly by call maker, materials, strikers, etc.

Is the difference in trumpets primarily ease of use or is there a noticeable difference in the sounds too?

Terry

Quote from: Footballer on June 16, 2017, 10:33:57 AM
I'm new to trumpets, so forgive me for my ignorance. Is there a wide variance in sounds between different trumpets? At least with pot calls, sounds and tones can vary greatly by call maker, materials, strikers, etc.

Is the difference in trumpets primarily ease of use or is there a noticeable difference in the sounds too?
Both. They all play or draw differently and sound differently.  Every maker has his own design which influences how the trumpet plays and sounds. Wood choice doesn't seem to matter. I have a few trumpets of the same makers that all sound and play the same. Internals seem to matter most.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Terry

Also, I think a lot of it is personal preference and what you get use to. What is easiest for me might not be for someone else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Quote from: Terry on June 16, 2017, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: Footballer on June 16, 2017, 10:33:57 AM

Both. They all play or draw differently and sound differently.  Every maker has his own design which influences how the trumpet plays and sounds. Wood choice doesn't seem to matter. I have a few trumpets of the same makers that all sound and play the same. Internals seem to matter most.
x2
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.