OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ithaca Mag 10  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Brantley

Ithaca Mag 10
« on: June 29, 2017, 12:34:34 AM »
So I have a mag 10 I use for goose. I tried to pattern it last spring for turkey, but honestly had less than optimal results. Does anyone on here use this model? If so, have you gotten it to throw decent patterns?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep... just like my grandfather. Not screaming, like the people in his car.

Online Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Ithaca Mag 10
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
If it has no screw in choke , your best bet is the the federal flight control wad , on either the lead or heavyweight versions - with luck you may be able to make it a 40 yard gun, most Ithaca's came with a full choke

You could have the barrel cut for chokes , William from sumtoy might be able to do it

Or you could try and find a threaded barrel for it on eBay , I've seen them before and the chokes that come with them are a very obscure tread pattern , again you will need a custom choke made ...

Towards the mid 1980's Ithaca made some shorter barrel Ithaca mag10's with screw in chokes , I remember Dick Kirby of Quaker boy game calls had one and it was a real killer , Ben Lee also shot a Ithaca mag10

If I could find a 26 inch mag 10 , and get it cut for remchoke , I would be very tempted to buy it , that's on my bucket list along with getting a Winchester model 12 3inch , cut down and choked ....

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Tombo

Re: Ithaca Mag 10
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
If it has no screw in choke , your best bet is the the federal flight control wad , on either the lead or heavyweight versions - with luck you may be able to make it a 40 yard gun, most Ithaca's came with a full choke

You could have the barrel cut for chokes , William from sumtoy might be able to do it

Or you could try and find a threaded barrel for it on eBay , I've seen them before and the chokes that come with them are a very obscure tread pattern , again you will need a custom choke made ...

Towards the mid 1980's Ithaca made some shorter barrel Ithaca mag10's with screw in chokes , I remember Dick Kirby of Quaker boy game calls had one and it was a real killer , Ben Lee also shot a Ithaca mag10

If I could find a 26 inch mag 10 , and get it cut for remchoke , I would be very tempted to buy it , that's on my bucket list along with getting a Winchester model 12 3inch , cut down and choked ....
You might have problems getting a model 12 cut and threaded,  they have pretty thin barrels. Orlen might be able to fix you up with thin wall Tru Chokes,  I did that with an skb 12ga double. Good luck!