OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hey Brothers!  (Read 3824 times)

Offline BOFF

• Paintbrush Beard
Hey Brothers!
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:07 AM »
How is everyone doing?

I hope and pray all are well. Seems to be a lot of things going on with storms, sickness, etc. around us.

All in all, things are well here, and God is still in control!

Love y'all!

God Bless,
David B.

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Hey Brothers!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »
All is well here too David
Getting ready for deer season
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
Good idea to check up on one another during the "slow times".   Fortunately, here in NM, we don't have much to worry about in terms of hurricanes and such.  Usually, our concerns are about drought and fire danger, but this year conditions are good.  Hope anybody that might have been involved with the recent weather events in other areas of the country came through in good shape.

Our Merriam's turkeys appeared to have had a good hatch,...been seeing good numbers of young birds in my few trips to the mountains,....so I think we are in good shape for a while with the hunting situation here. 

Personally, all is well,...considering that I am going to turn 66 in a couple of weeks.   ;D
...Hope everyone else is doing good...
Jim

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
Busy! Never been so busy in my life. Worked my butt off all summer with the business and now I'm back in the classroom plus trying to keep the business floating until the winter cold stops us dead. My heart wants very badly to shift to deer hunting but my head won't let me. With as much time as I spend away from home these days, I generally try to spend my free time with my girls as much as possible. Bought a new bow last December and a recurve about 2 months ago. With the current options of the compound, recurve and crossbow, I'm not real certain what my primary will be but I do want to kill one with the recurve for sure. I do know that I've had little time to shoot the compound this year because what little time I did have was spent with the recurve.  Not certain when I'll get out just yet but I definitely want to.

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 08:06:28 PM »
I hope your new business does well ,but don't over do it man you need some you time as well.
CRUSADERS

Offline anthonyjhallen

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 01:05:08 AM »
We are smack dab in the middle of the long cold winter.  Sometimes we could go a week or more without seeing the sun.  I think thats the worse part.  I can deal with the cold, rain, snow and ice but the lack of sunshine get old.  Quick.  On the bright side, I may get to hunt this year!!  Its not official but there is a possibility so I will take it.

I hope the rest of y'all are doing well.

Most of all, merry Christmas!!! 

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 08:59:57 AM »
Havent been on here in a while but I’m still kicking around. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. How are we gonna post pics this year??

Offline anthonyjhallen

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 02:41:43 PM »

Offline anthonyjhallen

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »
Havent been on here in a while but I’m still kicking around. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. How are we gonna post pics this year??

I am not sure why they are all doing that.  I just posted one from photo bucket.  Hopefully they don't do away with it. 

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »
I have been using Tapatalk to post mine straight from my phone .
CRUSADERS

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »
On a follow up note I hope everyone’s having a safe and successful deer season, me not so much . A couple weeks after our archery season opener I tore my bicep loose from the shoulder and wrecked my rotator cuff, had surgery to repair it and I’m getting along great but today it the last day of gun season and Dr won’t let me chance it . I have a couple more months of physical therapy then I’m going to make the turkey pay for it . I hope lol,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 08:45:34 AM »
Sorry to hear about the shoulder problems, Steve.  I did that about five years ago on a hunt here in NM.  Thank God for modern science and surgery!  You should be ready to rock by turkey season. 

Here's wishing everybody a great Christmas and Holiday Season!  Everybody stay safe!
Jim

Offline BOFF

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 10:35:42 PM »
 Great to read on the possibility to hunt Anthony!

Steve sorry to read of the bicep and shoulder. My dad pulled his this year, and looked like pop eye with his drooping bicep.

As for the photos, photobucket is greedy, and demanding money. They can die off for all I care. I've been using Imgur.

Merry Christmas gentleman!
Love y'all.
Be safe and hug your loved ones.

God Bless,
David B.