turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Storing valuable trumpets

Started by Terry, June 14, 2017, 09:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

How do you guys store your valuable trumpets?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nitro

I buy padded knife pouches from AG Russell. $8.00 for the 3x10 size.  They are zippered and well made.The inside is a soft velour type of material.. 

https://agrussell.com/knife/Nylon-Zipper-Case-1-3-4-x-4-1-2--CZN-1442
Royal Slam 2008

Will

Inside a custom striker pouch after I apply renaissance wax to protect the call. From there they are kept in a small plastic bin. I cannot recall where I bought some of the pouches from but there is 5 slots per pouch. Two pouches came from the classifieds of this site.

Terry

Is there any benefit from letting them "breathe?

outdoors

Quote from: Terry on June 14, 2017, 11:37:23 AM
Is there any benefit from letting them "breathe?

A VALID Question?
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

CMBOSTC

I can't see any benefit, some woods darken or change colors after prolonged exposure to sunlight. I had a pink ivory call that I kept covered and had no issues with discoloration.

ol bob

They need to be kept where you have constant humidity many of the most expensive woods will crack with changing humidity. also its not good for Ivory.

howl

hard plastic pistol cases with foam cutouts. That's a layer of of foam above, around and below with all that inside the hard case.

Terry

Quote from: ol bob on June 14, 2017, 03:45:16 PM
They need to be kept where you have constant humidity many of the most expensive woods will crack with changing humidity. also its not good for Ivory.

How do you do that??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M Sharpe

I've got a board with dowels that sits on top of my call cabinet that holds all mine.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

eorlando

Quote from: M Sharpe on June 14, 2017, 04:29:26 PM
I've got a board with dowels that sits on top of my call cabinet that holds all mine.
Mark can you post a picture of what you're talking about and what size dowel rods do you use? I was thinking of doing something similar

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ol bob

Quote from: Terry on June 14, 2017, 04:14:48 PM

How do you do that??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I keep mine in zip lock bags push out all the air before closing, better than nothing.

nsselle

What kind of trumpets we talking here?  Just asking, for the money I have paid I like to have mine on display so I can appreciate them. If I go on vacation the all go in my safe.

1iagobblergetter

I lay mine single file(side by side) in my big gun safe with lots of shelving and lighting . Its serves a couple purposes..Controlled environment, I don't have to worry about something happening to them,and last but not least my wife doesn't get to count all of them and then ask for more jewelry..(and it's not the fake stuff believe me)... :funnyturkey:

KentuckyHeadhunter

What percentage humidity are we talking here?  My calls are in the same room as my gun cabinet so I have a dehumidifier in there.  It's a basement room with no windows.  It fluctuates from 35% to 50% in there.  I hope someone can answer this.  I just moved to a new house so I'm unfamiliar with what to expect. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion