turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Aimpoint red dot about to hit the market

Started by lunghit, June 04, 2017, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

I am really interested in this new red dot scope coming this summer. Made by Aimpoint just for shotguns and it mounts to the rib of your gun. I like the idea that it stays with the barrel when it is removed for cleaning. I also like that I would not have to drill and tap the receiver of my gun. I have an Aimpoint 9000sc on my turkey gun now and I love the quality of it. I am thinking about adding this to my next turkey gun. Other than the $700 price tag does anyone see any issues with this on a turkey gun? I am wondering how this little sight will hold up to the abuse of turkey shells.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Ozark Ridge Runner

I would guess at that price point that it will be a slow mover.

diyj98

Yea, that's a little more than I'd want to put into a turkey gun optic.

howl

The sight will take the recoil. Whether the mount will should be discovered in the field. The intended market seems to be for field loads.

deadbuck

I also have an Aimpoint 9000SC on my turkey gun. I was reluctant to pay nearly $400 for it but once I did and used it I realized the reason they are expensive is because they are worth it. I will want to wait and see the reviews on this mounting systems reliability, but if they are favorable I will get one.

Farmboy27

Not sure about anything mounted that far forward on the barrel. Seems like it would be subject to more abuse from accidental falls and bumps.

lowoctane

:morning:
Years ago I mounted a 1" red dot on the rib of my 870 SM and have had "0" issues with it...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

USMC0331

Waiting for it to come out so I can put it on my BPS 20 gauge.

Strutr

Holy smokes!!!  That's a lot of money for a red dot!   :z-twocents: 

lunghit

It is expensive but if it's like my other Aimpoint the quality is there and I can say you get what you pay for. I emailed them with a few questions that they quickly answered. The scope has a ten year warranty too. I will wait for some reviews and if they are positive I will most likely have one by next spring.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

compton30

It only has a 10 year warranty? Guess I just assumed it'd be a forever type warranty for the price.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Farmboy27 on June 05, 2017, 06:24:30 AM
Not sure about anything mounted that far forward on the barrel. Seems like it would be subject to more abuse from accidental falls and bumps.
I've hunted with a rib-mounted Mueller Quick Shot on my Franchi Affinity 20 gauge for the last 2 seasons and it performed flawlessly. :turkey2:

sixbird

Why not Burris Fast Fire III? About $200 and everything you need in a reflex sight. I've had one for about 3 years and couldn't ask for better performance. Also lifetime warranty...

stinkpickle

Everything sounds good, except for the price.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: stinkpickle on June 08, 2017, 01:19:45 PM
Everything sounds good, except for the price.

Price will come down and there will be discounters.  Just takes time.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.