turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 shur shot with rifle sights?

Started by TheSportsman, June 03, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Any of you guys have this 870? I think it's mfg 81061. It's a 23" Remington 870 supermag with shurshot stock and truglo rifle style sights.

If you got one, you like it? How are they about poi\poa? Considering one....

WildSpur

Yep!  It's my go-to gun.  I never used the sights as I have a fastfire up top.  I can tell you the sights are nice compared to other factory sights and appear to be great quality.  Sorry I can't help with the poa/poi. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Fieldturkey

Ozarks Hillbilly

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide to buy it.

jtg88

My only issue with rifle sights on an 870 with a sureshot stock is that you have to really get down on the gun to line up the sights and, in my experience at least, that stock will slap you in the cheek like you wouldn't believe. 

MikeStaten

I just bought the exact gun you are referring to before this season. 

The recoil feels noticeably less for this gun versus the 835.

Fit and finish is good on mine.

Stock is very comfortable.

Sights are adjustable.  The point of impact with sights in the middle, as it came from factory, was way off.  I have the sight adjusted all the way to the left on mine. 

Overall I'm happy with the gun and would buy it again.  However, I am going to try mine with a scope.

Ridge Rooster

I have 2 20 gauges with Shur Shot stocks. ! is an 11-87 and the other an 870. The only issue that you might experience, is getting a comfortable sight picture with the iron sights. The Shur Shots have a fairly high comb. I use Burris FF3's on both and the stocks are perfect for optics.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters