turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

LF Cox

Started by Will, June 01, 2017, 04:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I just received my new yelpers. A pair of Cocobolo turkey ferrule horns. The figure on this wood is amazing. You can defiantly hear a difference in tone between the standard length and shorter one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Terry

Very nice! I'm on his list for beginning of 2018 I think

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Wow. Those are Ultra nice..I never get tired of seeing Frank's work. Congrats!!!

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

crow

beautiful pair of calls

eorlando

Those are beautiful. I am on his list as well. They will be my first ones from him. I can't wait for the call.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hunter22

What a beautiful pair.

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Awesome set Will!  I should be getting a call from him soon.  I'm gonna take Nitro's advice he gave me and let Frank pick the wood.  I mostly see Frank's calls being cocobolo, abw, or desert ironwood.  Are those his most common preferred woods? 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on June 01, 2017, 05:40:01 PM
Awesome set Will!  I should be getting a call from him soon.  I'm gonna take Nitro's advice he gave me and let Frank pick the wood.  I mostly see Frank's calls being cocobolo, abw, or desert ironwood.  Are those his most common preferred woods?
That's my understanding. I have the Abw,Coco, and should probably be hearing from him again before long and will probably go with the Desert ironwood. That cocobolo and those ferrules as you can see would be tuff to beat.

Will

I do believe they are his most preferred woods. A member on this forum had mentioned that he had some really nice cocobolo and boy were they right. My first was the Blackwood with buffalo horn mouthpiece. Great looking combo as well. I have another cocobolo that has darkened I'm guessing from age and use. The lighter coco I like. Well worth doing the pair.

Bennett

Very nice!  Thanks for sharing!

Andy S.

As good as they get, congrats on two fine trumpets. Thanks for sharing.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Bowhuntr73

S.C.C

Those are sharp looking trumpets!!!