OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: first time to the range with my 835..pattern pics inside  (Read 3707 times)

Offline steeltowninwv

first time to the range with my 835..pattern pics inside
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »
i have the older model 835..i just traded for it  couple weeks ago...i put a carlsons longbeard choke tube in it...
here are my results shooting the long beard 1200 fps 6 shot 3 1/2 inch....at 40 yards...pretty pleased
there is a 10 inch circle there..its just hard to see..i did it in pencil since i used the old ladies glass pie pan
im gonna buy some 4's and 5's in the longbeards and try them..and eventually maybe some heavy shot

Untitled by steeltowninwv, on Flickr

here she is at 15 yards
Untitled by steeltowninwv, on Flickr
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:17:54 PM by steeltowninwv »

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: first time to the range with my 835..pattern pics inside
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:46:40 AM »
That will work all day long. :icon_thumright:  I would try a few 4s or 5s to see how it works.  We have fond that they like the big loads and shot. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
Re: first time to the range with my 835..pattern pics inside
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »
good deal :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase