OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: H&R 10 gauge Turkey choke/shell combo  (Read 8512 times)

Offline Laloom83

H&R 10 gauge Turkey choke/shell combo
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
I’ve read around that the H&R will accept browning 10gauge choke tubes.  Does anyone know this to be true?  Also does anyone have any recommendations on choke tubes and what shells they use to get great patterns with this gun?  I was thinking of getting a Rhino choke tube or having Wilson precision make me one.  I also like shooting Heavy shot magnum blends in my 12 gauge. How are those for the 10 gauge.  Any suggestions or comments???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rem Man

Re: H&R 10 gauge Turkey choke/shell combo
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:34:45 AM »
   Congrats on the gun! Yes your gun takes browning chokes . I am no professional but have tested a pile of chokes and ammunition. Your 12 with blends is a hammer. I can tell you if you want great patterns and the best performance get you a kicks 690 or 695 and some nitro 4x5x7!!!!!  Honestly if you don't get some great ammunition you might as well use your 12. Good luck buddy and let me know if I can help.

The 10 gauge blends are nice but don't pattern like the nitros.

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 01:35:53 AM »
The rhino 720 tube is fantastic also!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »
Yes, the h&r/n.e.f. and browning chokes interchange. Their are quite a few chokes available for these guns from several manufacturers. Ammo is the biggest key in getting the most out of the big bore if you are looking for high pellet counts in the 10 inch ring at 40 yrds.

Offline jbennett

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
Definitely listen to Rem Man! When it comes to these guns he knows his stuff. When I first bought one he helped me get set up for which scope, choke, and shell works best for the gun. It is and will always be my go to gun. Kicks .695, bushnell trophy red dot, and nitro blend 4x5x7 or hevi shot mag blends.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:18:01 AM by jbennett »

Offline Laloom83

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
   Congrats on the gun! Yes your gun takes browning chokes . I am no professional but have tested a pile of chokes and ammunition. Your 12 with blends is a hammer. I can tell you if you want great patterns and the best performance get you a kicks 690 or 695 and some nitro 4x5x7!!!!!  Honestly if you don't get some great ammunition you might as well use your 12. Good luck buddy and let me know if I can help.

So if you had to pick one choke for the H&R 10 gauge to shoot nitro 4x5x7 blend, heavy shot magnum blend, and nitro TSS 7.5x9.  What would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jbennett

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
Kicks .6958

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
   Hey Josh what's up buddy! Hope all is well.

Offline Laloom83

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »

Hey Rem Man. Did you shoot any heavy shot or nitros with heavy shot from your 10 ga Kicks .695? I ordered the kicks choke but now hearing it’s no good for heavy shot or tungsten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »
    I shot hevi and nitros in the kicks a bunch of them and absolutely no issues. There is a story behind why kicks doesn't like hevi shot!!!