OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: putting together pot calls  (Read 2148 times)

Offline steeltowninwv

putting together pot calls
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »
i have no shop..and no room for a shop..but id like to put together a few pot calls..at least give it a try...u know buy the the pot already turned..then buy the late..glass...copper etc...glue em up......i see kits and all but have no idea what to use...any suggestions on where....what to buy?...what glue is good to use?

any help from u pros would be greatly appreciated

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: putting together pot calls
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »
hello,, look up custom sawing(shipleys outdoor)  and brookside game calls. both places will have everything you will need to make a pot call and strikers. they also have the glue you will need to put together a pot. no need to buy any clamps, just put a can of corn or something , and let it dry over nite,, hope that helps,,,,,,,,,,

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
putting together pot calls
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:59:50 AM »
Doublespurs hit the nail on the head. Only other suggestion id make is use household goop for the glue. And hit up a hobby lobby and buy some small bottles with the real small cone shaped lids that make the content come out in a small line. Put your goop in that, but clean out afterwards. This will help control your bead to prevent too much from getting on the soundboard or playing surface outside of where it connects.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk