OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: new m2 purchase  (Read 3623 times)

Offline rock54

new m2 purchase
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
hey guys/girls, local gander mtn is going out of business, bought this benelli m2, 24in barrel with a shortn stock, should be a awesome turkey killer, ideas of where to start / finish with a choke, thanks for your time, russ

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: new m2 purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:22:24 AM »
Depends on what you want to shoot out of it.  TSS I would go .562 Indian Creek.  FED HWT 7's then I would go Trulock or Sumtoy .562. 
Congrats on the gun!  I love mine.

Offline Tombo

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 07:49:51 AM »
I shoot tss out of mine. 555 Indian Ck. Burris FF3. Very hot core in my pattern, but with the Burris FF3, it's a killer.

Offline rock54

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 08:33:54 AM »
thanks, to be honest i will more that likely be shootn lead, as i have lots of it, winchester, federal and remington, when the supply is almost gone will switch to a more update shell. also all of my turkey kills
have been under 25yds, as i hunt with decoys, as the two i shot this year were only 15yd shots, so i pattern my gun and wife's gun to 30yds and we are both happy to know we have the ability to shoot farther if needed, thanks for help and directions, was leaning towards the somtoy .562 or .555 ic.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:53:40 AM »
thanks, to be honest i will more that likely be shootn lead, as i have lots of it, winchester, federal and remington, when the supply is almost gone will switch to a more update shell. also all of my turkey kills
have been under 25yds, as i hunt with decoys, as the two i shot this year were only 15yd shots, so i pattern my gun and wife's gun to 30yds and we are both happy to know we have the ability to shoot farther if needed, thanks for help and directions, was leaning towards the somtoy .562 or .555 ic.
   Be sure to look at the Trulock 565...that's what i shoot ...and it's great with 5 and 6 shoot lead...shoots Federal Hw 7 great also....after shooting Federal Hw 6 and 7 ...that's all i will hunt with...i'm like you i have a large amount of lead...but for hunting Federal HW....

Offline aaron

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:28:16 AM »
I killed two with my 20 gauge m2 this year.  Fed heavyweights 7s out of a Carlsons.   It's a dream to carry!

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
new m2 purchase
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 06:31:04 AM »
Lead out of a 20 ga is a recipe for crippled turkeys.

A couple boxes of fed heavyweight 7s and a sumtoy .562 will give you all the performance you need out to 45 yards.

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
new m2 purchase
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »
If sticking to that short of range shoot some high brass 7.5 shot from any full or x full...won't make much difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hook hanger

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 04:05:17 PM »
Lead out of a 20 ga is a recipe for crippled turkeys.

A couple boxes of fed heavyweight 7s and a sumtoy .562 will give you all the performance you need out to 45 yards.

The turkeys I have shot with lead and 20ga were dead and not one crippled you just have to know your guns limitations and call the birds into that range.

Offline rock54

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 01:13:38 PM »
i agree with you hook hanger... and so would my wife.. we have put down over 30 birds betwen us both

and ALL with LEAD and ALL under 30 yards, we both know our guns and OUR limitations...we hunt with

decoys and we LIKES em close,so actually more likely, under 25yds, so LEAD is our choice for what

distances we shoot, good old fashion 3in #6 shot, drops em very well, good luck to all in whatever your

choice may be, russ

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »
you keep the distance to 35-40 yds. the 20ga with the right lead load will kill the bird
they are not armor plated
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 01:54:59 PM »
Thing is how dead is dead.    Now old school lead I never did get a pattern to feel 100% safe at 40 but 30 all day.   Niw if you going with lead I would go 562 in our choke and if you go to HTL just aim small inside 25.   If you go HTL only and you want him just dead not very dead  :TooFunny: you can go 570. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA