turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2015 Sa 459 cycling problems

Started by Fullfan, May 25, 2017, 07:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullfan

Gun is not a year old yet and this is the first season hunting it. When shooting 3" turkey loads it will not feed the second shell into the chamber. This has happened with my TSS hand loads, Federal heviweghts and hevi shot loads. Gun has ben stripped and cleaned also. If I change the piston back to light loads and shoot the light loads it will cycle just fine. Any one have a clue?
Don't gobble at me...

Roost 1

Never had a problem with mine....not sure which piston I use. I'd keep the light load piston in and rock on..

Spurs Up

I'm not entirely surprised it won't cycle your TSS loads.  Assuming they're roll crimped and you did not trim the hulls, they are likely longer a than fold crimped factory loads. But not cycling Fed HW's...I dunno.  Time to call Weatherby.

FL-Boss

I only use the Heavy piston.. with that being said... my SA-459 doesn't exactly eject the Federal HW #7 as far as I like.  I did have one shell not eject once.  Could have been because the gun was new and hadn't been shot more than 10 times.... I don't know.  I have shot about 15 more Federal HW since, and they always eject.
HEVI 13.. always fine and eject pretty far.

EDIT: I read the post again.. seems like your issue is feeding the new shell.. not ejecting?

boatpaddle

Make sure you have a heavy & a light piston....Mine came with 2 light pistons..Made a phone call & they sent me a heavy piston..

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome