OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Palmetto slam multi-fan

Started by THattaway, May 22, 2017, 08:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

That is one of the coolest displays I've ever seen!
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

huntrwilliams

Awesome, how do you do the wings usually?

Similar to the fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: THattaway on February 15, 2018, 08:07:40 AM
Back with pictures now. I hate photobucket.

Awesome stuff. Every year I say I'm going to do a skull mount. They look great.

Dr Juice

Great job. Your creativity is awesome!

THattaway

Thanks fellas.
Huntrwilliams,
You might check out some taxidermy sites for a wealth of info on this. That's what I did. The wings are a little more complicated than the fans. You'll need to remove as much meat as possible, drill out the large bones and blow the marrow out, wash to degrease, borax and pin out to dry for a month at least. I pin them on heavy card board and cover with newspaper, store in a good dry place like the garage and preen/adjust them for a week or so every evening till I am satisfied with them. Backfill with bondo dent filler after they are dried and mount them. That's a general overview. Getting symmetry can be work. I lay them out on the floor then use reference points and a stick rule to get as close as possible. Even making a diagram for future reference in the build. Good luck if you try it.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles