turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEF red dot sight question

Started by cannonball, April 12, 2011, 10:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Any of you guys running a red dot on your NEF? I was wondering what kind and if you could post a pic. Thanks! :icon_thumright:

BigPeck215

i'm running a truglo 30mm red/green dot on top of a one piece ruger 10/22 weaver base, always been a truglo fan never had any problems with them, but if i ever do change it will be to a mueller quick shot

presdme

I also have used a trueglo on my nef. I shot over 100 loads of all kinds of turkey shot with it on and  NO PROBLEMS WHAT-SO-EVER.  I did have the gun drilled and taped and now have a bushnell trophy scope on it but only because of preference. They must be made good to take all that recoil and still be as good as new. Good luck and good huntin!!

woodchip

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 13, 2011, 07:51:15 PM
i'm running a truglo 30mm red/green dot on top of a one piece ruger 10/22 weaver base, always been a truglo fan never had any problems with them, but if i ever do change it will be to a mueller quick shot

Love that 10ga with the old camo!!  I'd like to pick one up like that.   :icon_thumright:

cannonball

BigPeck215

thanks for the positive comments guys, i like the old school camo patterns instead of the new age ones

rlbreakfield

Don't have any pics but I'm using an Aimpoint 9000SC on my NEF SB2 and I love mine.  Super nice optics.  I left the switch on accidentally for 4 months and the batteries are still going strong.  Supposed to have a 5000 hour life on the batteries.

Hognutz

I am a believer in the Aimpoint, myself. I have them on two of my rigs. A benelli SBE l and a BPS 10ga. They rock..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

MAGGUNS

BigPeck215

Are you using just two mounting holes on that rail?

BigPeck215

yes I am only using the front two holes of a ruger 10/22 one piece mount, and it is rock solid

rlbreakfield

I've got an aimpoint on mine. It works really well.

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Tapatalk

jerf

I did the mount like big peck said , But after 5 nitros I took a tru glo to the head, I had the other 2 holes drilled and tapped on the mount and dont worry anymore.

Big_Mike

bushnell trophy has held up well

nflorek

I use a Burris fastfire II with a marlin 336 mount on the rear set of factory holes. I did drill the holes bigger to the 8/40 size and tapped them.