OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DIY Tail

Started by albrubacker, May 20, 2017, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

I just finished my 2017 bird. Wish I would have got the tail spread a little further. 
The sign is from the farm I first saw this bird last year. I killed him on a property across the road.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

dejake

Good job.  Sign adds a nice touch.

MK M GOBL

Looks Good!

I have a method to doing my fans and it works out good. I use the foam Home Board for insulation. I have a few lines drawn to keep every thing "centered" and depending how many feathers are in your fan will give you a center line (odd number) or a split (even number) plus the bottom line is a square to the others. I'll mount 10-20 fans a year, and get quite a few compliments on them.

MK M GOBL

albrubacker

Quote from: MK M GOBL on May 21, 2017, 04:19:43 PM
Looks Good!

I have a method to doing my fans and it works out good. I use the foam Home Board for insulation. I have a few lines drawn to keep every thing "centered" and depending how many feathers are in your fan will give you a center line (odd number) or a split (even number) plus the bottom line is a square to the others. I'll mount 10-20 fans a year, and get quite a few compliments on them.

MK M GOBL
That's a great idea, thanks!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott