OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Burris FF mount, speed bead or rail?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
Burris FF mount, speed bead or rail?
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »
My H&R Pardner is basically a Chinese clone of the 870 so most anything is compatible. I'm looking at getting the speed bead mount but am skeptical about mounting a sight between the stock and receiver. Do they hold true pretty well? The receiver is tapped so I might could put a scope rail on top instead. Looking for opinions. I like the look of the speed bead but wondering if it holds zero pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wvgobbler

Re: Burris FF mount, speed bead or rail?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »
If it was me I'd go with a EGW top mount since your gun is drilled and tapped. I think that would be a better set up but that's just my opinion. I have a couple shotguns with the EGW mount and scope and red dot on them and they are nice. They fit nice and snug and you don't have any worries of them going anywhere.

Offline turkeyinstrut

Re: Burris FF mount, speed bead or rail?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:12:38 AM »
The Speed Bead mount is awesome, I have one on my M2 20 ga. and I am having one modified to fit my daughters Affinity (Burris doesn't make one for a 20 ga. Affinity). Once you get them mounted they are rock solid and the thing I really like about them is if your battery goes dead in your FastFire scope you can sight right down your rib and use the bead, didn't think I would like it in the beginning but after trying it I love it.

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »

The Speed Bead mount is awesome, I have one on my M2 20 ga. and I am having one modified to fit my daughters Affinity (Burris doesn't make one for a 20 ga. Affinity). Once you get them mounted they are rock solid and the thing I really like about them is if your battery goes dead in your FastFire scope you can sight right down your rib and use the bead, didn't think I would like it in the beginning but after trying it I love it.
that's good I didn't think of the bead, I like that.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
I really like my sumtoy FF3 mount. I was leery of the speed bead because internet reviews were all over the place