OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: BPS vs. Wingmaster?  (Read 7195 times)

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
Re: BPS vs. Wingmaster?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 08:55:02 PM »
Shoot old Remington's and new Brownings and you can't go wrong when it comes to pump guns.

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 07:43:01 PM »
Buying new?  BPS allllllllll the way.  Used?  Wingmaster made in the 60-80's is simply in my opinion, the greatest of pumps ever made.  I love both and have both but an old classic wingmaster is my all time fav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 870 Wingmasters are good but old Winchester Model 12's are GREAT! I have a 1959 vintage Model 12.  It's a field grade and the quality is amazing.  They stopped making them because they were too expensive to manufacture. No plastic there.  Most parts are forged!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
I'm sure your grandson will be happy with either.  I would handle them side-by-side, if possible.  I picked the BPS, but that was in 12ga.

Offline potter

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 07:17:31 PM »
I like both, the bps is very heavy though in mop.

Online Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 09:12:19 PM »
Father has an older wingmaster, 12 870 express, and 20 870. All great shotguns. As far as the newer model goes I went with a BPS in a 12 and love it. However the 20 gauge 870 youth compact is extremely popular with the heavyweight and TSS crowd and I'm probably going to do a build with one myself in the next year. The light weight and ability to produce 40 yard killers out of such a compact gun with today's ammo advancements really speaks to me,, and I also have 2 year old boy who I hope catches the addiction down the road like I did. I feel like that gun would be a ideal fit for a youngster as well as wonderful for a full grown man who wants to go lighter.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]