News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Red dot or magnified scope?

Started by blake0311, May 16, 2017, 08:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

blake0311

Appreciate all the input, I'm leaning towards the FF2, FF3 or the Venom on the Sumtoy mount.

Strutr

Red dot, hands down.  You need a good cheek to stock weld to get good results with a scope.  Not so with a red dot, so it's easier to make shots from less than ideal shooting positions and with both eyes open.  Wherever that red dot points is where your shot goes.  IMHO, scopes are tougher to use in low light situations. 

bbcoach

Quote from: Strutr on May 22, 2017, 01:52:55 PM
Red dot, hands down.  You need a good cheek to stock weld to get good results with a scope.  Not so with a red dot, so it's easier to make shots from less than ideal shooting positions and with both eyes open.  Wherever that red dot points is where your shot goes.  IMHO, scopes are tougher to use in low light situations.
X2!!!  I have a Bushnell red dot on my  835 and once you get the red dot initially dialed in, you don't need a good check weld.  Where ever the dot is, is where the shot charge is going.  I killed a bird a couple of years ago that I had to rotate the gun about 75 degrees to get around a tree and the bird was dead when I pulled the trigger.  Not sure how the red dots do it but the dot doesn't have to be centered and your cheek welded to the stock to get the shot on target. 

stinkpickle

I like scopes, but I went with red dots just for the weight advantage alone.  I'm using a Burris FFIII on one gun and a Vortex SparcII on the other.  Both are nice.

mspaci

Ive used both & the red dot I liked more, Mike