Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Its not quite over....

Started by vicksburg, May 16, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicksburg

Chad (AmericanStrutter) still has a bird to enter... It's a pretty good one.

also...

I'm heading to Nebraska Monday to wrap up my season.  Hopefully i can find a big upgrade to put us easily over the top....
]

hookedspur

You are the man Chad   Best of luck Quinn
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Roost 1

Good luck guys....  please take good pics.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 16, 2017, 04:08:50 PM
Good luck guys....  please take good pics.

^^this^^

Glad Chad has a nice one and you've put a good one in there too Vick. Hope you smack a nice one in Nebraska.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: hookedspur on May 17, 2017, 10:09:58 AM
We haven't heard from Clif yet either
What a Hawg Roost
Unless I'm mistaken, Clif mentioned he'd battled a bird for the majority of the season and the bird won. I don't think he got one this year. Again, I could be wrong. It happened once or twice back when I was 8-9 years old so I'm due again.

vicksburg

Chad (americanStrutter) texted me his pics and i just uploaded them for him.  62.00 point bird...
]

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

Congrats Chad,...but 62 won't put us on top.  What a contest this year!  Quinn, if you are still hunting, measure those birds before you pull the trigger.  We need a two point upgrade from you, buddy!  ....No pressure though, dude.... ;D :toothy12:

GobbleNut

Whoops!  I just saw that we are listed at 606.  I must have missed something,....how did we get to 606?  Some other upgrades besides Chad's bird?  (I guess I better pay more attention....)

davisd9

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 17, 2017, 05:22:35 PM
Congrats Chad,...but 62 won't put us on top.  What a contest this year!  Quinn, if you are still hunting, measure those birds before you pull the trigger.  We need a two point upgrade from you, buddy!  ....No pressure though, dude.... ;D :toothy12:

Pretty sure with Roost's upgrade and that 62 pt bird y'all are on top with a little over 600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

GobbleNut

Wow!  I didn't see Roost's upgrade.  Talk about the teammates coming through at the last minute!  Looks like we're sitting pretty.  Quinn, ignore my post about the pressure being on you. You don't need to worry about scoring them before you pull the trigger.   ;D

MDbowman

Congrats guys on a great year and an amazing comeback. We have guys still hunting but 606 is gonna be tough to beat!

GOT

vicksburg

Yeah, Roost came thru with a big nasty last minute giant. So I don't have any pressure on me... But I'm still looking for a 70 pointer!!
]

Roost 1

Quote from: vicksburg on May 18, 2017, 09:35:50 PM
Yeah, Roost came thru with a big nasty last minute giant. So I don't have any pressure on me... But I'm still looking for a 70 pointer!!

Good luck, the bigger the better.

honker22

Whoa  :o at Roost1's bird!  Congrats
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.