turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 trigger pull question

Started by bdgsc, May 12, 2017, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdgsc

looking for a patriot sear spring for my kids 870. i guess barnes gun shop went out of business? all the links y'all have posted don't seem to work. anybody got suggestions of where to find one online? i found the mcarbo, would just like to have the option. thanks.

Greg Massey

bdgsc

yeah i checked midway. they only had remington springs.

PEHunter

FYI, in case you can't find the ones your looking for. I put the Mcarbo springs in an 870 and 835 and have been very please. 

Frylock

I just received a Remington trap/competition spring for my 870, trigger pull went up a pound!  Guess I'll learn to live with a crummy trigger. 

pccutter

I ordered the one from www.erniethegunsmith.com and have been happy with it.

bdgsc

Thanks. I'm gonna try the mcarbo. If y'all find a patriot please let me know.

SFCSNOW

Quote from: Frylock on May 15, 2017, 08:18:09 PM
I just received a Remington trap/competition spring for my 870, trigger pull went up a pound!  Guess I'll learn to live with a crummy trigger.

Cut a coil or one and a half.  Start with just one. Work the trigger some.  They will lighten up a little with use.

Frylock

Quote from: SFCSNOW on May 16, 2017, 10:17:17 AM
Quote from: Frylock on May 15, 2017, 08:18:09 PM

Cut a coil or one and a half.  Start with just one. Work the trigger some.  They will lighten up a little with use.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.