OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: About over  (Read 3031 times)

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
About over
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:47:28 AM »
Our WV season ends tomorrow but with the weather that's about to set in, I'm thinking it's already over. My season this year was 200% better than last year as I managed to tag out in WV. Last Wednesday I called in a bird for a buddy of mine in VA during an evening hunt. Unfortunately, he hit him but didn't kill him. Yesterday morning I managed to get my second bird just as the rain was starting to pick up so no hero shots but did manage to get one at least. Bumped the bird I was really wanting off the roost but had two others going below him. Set up between them and as soon as one crested the hill, it was over. It wasn't even close to the other one I killed so didn't bother with all the measurements. Might get one more crack in Maryland next week but that'll be it for me all together. Just wanted to say, thanks for letting me play again this year after going blank as a rookie. Had tons of fun and can't wait until next year.

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: About over
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »
Congrats on a big season and good luck with MD
Looks like it's over for me as well
But I had a hreat season as well.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline longbeard11

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Grunt, Gobble, & Gills Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »
Phenomenal morning! Best gobbling all year. Called three in together smoking hot and got it done on film solo style! Would have been easy double! Great bird.

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »
Phenomenal morning! Best gobbling all year. Called three in together smoking hot and got it done on film solo style! Would have been easy double! Great bird.

congrats on a good morning, I am meaning over as to the seasons going out.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline longbeard11

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Grunt, Gobble, & Gills Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 12:10:49 PM »
Yup, very depressing!!!! But been my best season by far despite the terrible weather and tons of hens. Taking my little girl tomorrow to try and fill her last tag. Have called 17 longbeards to gun range this year and toted 5 of those out with us. Abundantly blessed!

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 01:17:47 PM »
Got a couple more days left to hunt and then it will be over for me too.