OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Darryl Gibson Crow Call

Started by ncwoodsman, May 12, 2017, 08:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

I finally got around to calling Mr. Gibson and let me tell you this man is something else. He was just getting off of the tractor at age 75 planting corn and cow peas. We talked for 1 hour and 20 minutes which seemed like no time at all. We talked about making crow calls, turkey hunting, deer hunting, cooking, making knives, shooting and everything in between. Heck this man has even made his own rifle. I was impressed to say the least and I have to make the 3hr drive to meet this gentlemen and shake his hand sometime in the very near future.

Oh yeah, I ended up ordered a curly maple crow call which was the whole point of the phone call.

Rzrbac

Sounds about like my experience. Wished I lived closer and I would pay him a visit as well. 

NCbowjunkie

I feel lucky, get to see him almost every day of the week. Great person to be around.Hope some of his knowledge rubs off on me. I try to soak all I can in

ncwoodsman

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on May 14, 2017, 07:17:06 PM
I feel lucky, get to see him almost every day of the week. Great person to be around.Hope some of his knowledge rubs off on me. I try to soak all I can in

Lucky man for sure. I've never met him, but you can just tell if you hung around him much you are bound to learn something. From what I have heard and seen on this forum he is rubbing off on you just fine brother. Keep up the good work!

ncwoodsman

The call arrived and it sounds as good as it looks. Called several crows yesterday afternoon around my pond. I'm sure I will be getting a few more in the near future.

Bowhuntr73

ncwoodsman

Quote from: Bowhuntr73 on May 18, 2017, 02:02:01 PM
Thats a beauty!!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

great looking call, I would have to have that on 2 or 3 lanyards if hunting it

Grey Owl

Do you have a contact number for Me. Gibson?

milertyme03

I got one from him this yr and had lots of birds hammer to it.  It is nice when u get one that works.  Do u guys know if the call should be cleaned or rinsed for off season? 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mgm1955