turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger Condor 20?

Started by Ridge Rooster, May 12, 2017, 06:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Are they any good for a turkey gun? Looking for reviews and advice. I am thinking of trying one but don't like to mess with junk. I know they have been selling them for a long time but I never read of anyone using one as a turkey gun.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Greg Massey

I look at the gun, it's pushing just over 6.7 pounds...little heavy...and your choke chooses may not be a lot...Your getting a gun you can't really build as your own...it's like it said ...wood stock///etc....I'm a pistol grip stock person myself on all my turkey guns...little different looking down a gun in that 30-40 yard range...

Swampchickin234

Ive shoot one multiple times. The 20 gauge invector takes standard invector threads. 

They shoot fine but are heavy. No selectors, no double trigger.   

I woudk not want one as a turkey gun.  I woudk get a Stevens .555 or a yildiz spzme20 for basically the same price.  You then have the option of selectors and both will be much lighter and more enjoyable.   That's my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnumgray

I've shot twelve or so birds over the last three years with the tri-star  hunter 20 ... a little over six pounds.... selective trigger .... and uses beretta style tubes .... I like the lower barrel with lead 6's and a modified choke for close shots and the upper with a turkey choke and hevi shot. points and carries a lot better than the stoeger..... five year guarantee too....  I had stock issues and it was replaced and returned in less than seven days

SFCSNOW

Look at the little ATI Calvary 20 youth.  Just traded my CZ Redhead for it. MUCH prefer the ATI. Better wood. Better trigger. Fit and finish were nicer. A full pound lighter.

magnumgray

I saw on the ATI  web page they have an o/u 20 gauge turkey gun with  21" barrels ... ready to have scope mounted etc..... I may be on the hunt!