turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sell me one

Started by compton30, May 11, 2017, 01:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

I'm interested in a short box that can do it all. I can't afford a call past $30 and that's stretching it with a young family trying to buy a house. This likely isn't the right place to look. I've seen what comes and goes in the classifieds. Just seeing if there's a market. Best.

Happy hooker

I have a nice little Darryl Helm box,,,spalted Sycamore with a cherry lid,,has a nice medium hen sound it's new. I was going to use it on rain days when I didn't want to take my expensive boxes out, but I'd just has soon see it go to a good home where it will and should be used a lot. $20 plus $5 for shipping if interested.

Actually if  doable raise your budget to $40 and try to snag a spring creek box from here that leopardwood/curly hard maple or zebrawood/maple  that's on here "right now" looks like a fine deal for $40.

Double B

If nothing pans out on here, look up Darryel Helm, Helm custom calls.  He's from KY and sells on ebay. I have a few and they are good calls and in your range.  Haha, I was typing this and see a similar response.  He made Mickels book, good callmaker.
Followed by buzzards

TauntoHawk

A few extra and get a spring creek, guys seem really happy with them or wait til next season and get a SS field grade.. I've got some SS boxes that do it all and hold their own against other 3X more expensive calls I own
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ajagkrieg

check out tylersburg Yelpers on eBay.  I bought one for my son and it sounds great.  He is 13 and when he started running it in the field I couldn't believe it.  Had several turkey gobble at if from a distance and called one in with it.  They are smaller than I was expecting but he loves it and I was a little jealous!  basic for mid $20s my sons was 34 shipped! I also got a long slate from them, it is very nice also.