Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Not a team member this year but...

Started by mightyjoeyoung, May 10, 2017, 10:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

I sure wish I was.  Been a good year so far up here in PA.  Rainy, but productive. Taly is now at 3 big gobblers on the ground.   #1.  Took my old man out for the opener for his 81st birthday after putting a STUD to bed the night before and set up no more than 80 yards from him.  Gobbled his head off on the roost and came in strutting dead quiet to the decoys to meet a load of Federal HW 7s.  This was the heaviest wild bird I've EVER touched in PA in 33 years of turkey huting.  10 1/4" beard, 1 5/16" hooks and 28 3/4 pounds. Yes.  You read that right. POUNDS.  He could barely hold him up for the hero shot.  Lol. Helluva a birthday hunt huh?  #2 met the same load of hw 7s on a different farm less than a hour later as he strutted to me from the group of 35+ birds in the field.  10" paintbrush, 1 1/4" hooks, 22 1/4#.  I tagged out the 2nd Saturday in the same field, 200 yards west of my first bird on a boss gobbler that had 17 hens (4 bearded) that had lead pellets stuck just under his skin, likely from the jr day two weeks prior.  11" beard, 1 1/4" spurs and 23 3/4 #.  Its been a good year so far.  Great season, buying my first home soon, AND getting married June 3rd. Whew. Somebody pinch me!  Anyway, hope your seasons are productive, your vests heavy and your hunts memorable.  Take care guys n gals. Good hunting.   
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

FullChoke

Thanks for the great story of your Dad's pterodactyl. Sound's like you have those PA birds really dialed in.

Hunt safe.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Cool to share that boar tom with your dad.  Good things happen to good people.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

harleytom

Glad your year is going well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk