Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Season Ends Monday!

Started by old frank, May 10, 2017, 07:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old frank

and it has been a long hard one. Never spent so many hours in the woods for such poor results.

It has been a hard year for many folks here in Georgia but some have been successful, just not me.

I have discovered I put too much pressure on myself trying to score for the team and I am enjoying my hunting less.
I will always be a 20ga turkey hunter but I will not rejoin the team next year. I am going to just hunt more relaxed and not be under a self induced pressure to score.
Congratulations to my team mates who have scored and I have enjoyed it.

I will still be here on Old Gobbler but no more contests for me.

Good Luck!

FullChoke

Frank,

You are, and will always remain, a good friend, team mate and an integral part in the history of The Roaring 20's. I know that there are many gobblers out in those Georgia woods that still have your name on them, and they will lose many nights of sleep with the understanding that one day, their accounts with you will come due.

Take care, my friend. Enjoy retirement, go fishing and find your peace.

Keep in touch.

Norman

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

harleytom

I understand the feelings you have and admit having them myself. I appreciate your self induced drive and your desire  to be a good team mate. I may reach the same decision you have made some day myself. Best wishes and happy hunting to you always. Thanks again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I too have never join a team or contest, I didn't like the idea of it but when Norman ask me this year I liked the idea of a 20 gauge team. I put no more pressure on myself being on the team because my wife puts enough pressure on me to kill one because we both love to eat one. First year on a team and I only killed one bird but should have taken a f-250 long wheelbase full of them, my fault, I got bet by the King of Spring!