OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 20" ga compact 21"  (Read 35027 times)

Offline strum

Re: Remington 20" ga compact 21"
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2020, 08:13:55 PM »
  Toss those Long Beards and get some TSS Apex 3" 1 5/8 oz #9s
  Indian creek .555 and enjoy the bliss.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2020, 08:18:25 PM »
I'm not selling the gun and I am not tossing a legal shell to shoot a shell that is not legal for me to shoot.I could shoot tss #7 if I wanted but I don't need or want to from this gun,I am more than happy shooting longbeards from this gun with one of the half dozen chokes  I already have for it. ;)

Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline ahfox16

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2020, 09:22:33 PM »
I'm not selling the gun and I am not tossing a legal shell to shoot a shell that is not legal for me to shoot.I could shoot tss #7 if I wanted but I don't need or want to from this gun,I am more than happy shooting longbeards from this gun with one of the half dozen chokes  I already have for it. ;)

Agree 100 percent.  You don't have to shoot TSS to kill a Turkey for sure.  Here is a 20 gauge pattern shot out of a 870 using Longbeard 6's shot at a lasered 40 yards using a factory  Rem Turkey choke.  How much better does one need.

Offline strum

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2020, 10:57:28 AM »

I didnt know the 9s were illegal so yeah I hear you there. I have a 21" 870 compact I just put together and I got about what you have there with the LBs. I didnt want to spend a lot on TSS but man the difference is just night and day.
 Nice gun you have by the way. I didnt mean to come off as arrogant . hope you didnt take it that way.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
I have no issues with anybody so no worries,I make a good living and have money to throw around on ammo, however I also have an addiction to guns and can only feed so many of them tss shells as they are not cheap.I would shoot tss #7's if I thought It would be needed but I can easily get 35-40 pellets in the kill zone of a tom at 40 yards with the lb 5-6's. This gun also is about 6-7th in my lineup at best.I think have used it 4 -5 times in 3 years.

I am thinking of buying another and keeping it stock.But I am not 100% sure yet.The gun is light and cycles well and shoots very well.I am not a huge Remington fan but this gun is worth what it sells for,the only thing is if you get the black finish it will "rust" no matter what.I have a buddy that has one and he hunts with it for ducks and turkeys and it is hideous looking,still goes boom though.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »
I was all set to use it setup with a scope this year.I made an online order and was sent the wrong red dot for another gun,however It works on this one so I decided to just go ahead and use it.I may even paint it to match the gun if I like it after patterning it.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2020, 07:46:50 PM »
I had to mount my scope back on this gun as the truglo fell apart on me after 6 shells,this gun with the .570 tightwad loves longbeard #5's,I will post a picture of the pattern at 40 yards after dinner.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2020, 09:36:31 PM »
I am done tinkering with this gun,it has a Bushnell trophy with circle plex 1.75-4x32 mounted shooting long beard #5's through the .570 primos tightwad.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2020, 11:56:33 AM »
I found a Rem 870 20 gauge "NWTF" version in black matte with a 20" barrel in "excellent" condition up here,I called the man and left him a message.If it isn't sold and he is willing to ship I am interested in buying it as I was thinking about a 2nd one anyway.I already have extra forearms and stocks in camo and a pistol grip that would fit it as well.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2020, 01:05:15 PM »
I just got off the phone with the older man and he isn't interested in shipping it.I said Ok, have a good day. I can't understand why these people post guns on a buy/sell website and then won't ship or do not know how too.I can buy a new one for cheap close by anyway if I decide to add one.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2021, 12:27:08 PM »
This is longbeard #6's .570 primos tightwad choke, 40 yards using a range finder as always. Bushnell 1-4x32 circle x reticle.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2022, 09:51:35 AM »
I was debating on getting this gun dipped but I like my camo paint job I did, so I decided to go ahead and spray pain the original stock and forend I had in black, and the last few days I have been taking my time and painting it to match the rest of gun and I also broke down and decided to paint the scope the same way, I am almost done with a little bit of work the next few days It will be ready.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2022, 11:19:58 AM »
Here are some pictures, I am still working on forend,I just sprayed it again and then touched up scope,I think once it dries I have a few spots on the other side to finish up and then I'll be done scope and rings.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2022, 11:21:02 AM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2022, 01:28:39 PM »
The scope is complete and the forend will need a little touch up once it dries later, the flash makes them seem bright but they match perfectly to the gun I painted a few years ago. I do plan on hunting with this gun more this year than I have so far.