OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 20" ga compact 21"  (Read 35051 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Remington 20" ga compact 21"
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2019, 08:08:33 PM »
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 09:13:07 AM »
I think I am willing to try this on my own,I may use dark grey,black and a dark green that I already have and use a sponge and sponge paint it.I am not hunting the next few days as I have a few things to look after and supposed to be downpours for two days,I may have enough time to take the wrap off,clean it and then paint it and not miss a day hunting with gun.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2019, 09:32:14 AM »
I am going by this guys video,I will try and follow this as best I can but we will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDUxdeLPWNE

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2019, 10:04:00 AM »
I went and bought the stuff i needed,foam brushes,sponges,tape and beige,khaki and grey spray paint as I already had black spray paint here.I am going to start now.Under 30.00 for all of it.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 05:05:55 PM »
I am about 50% done,I took gun apart,cleaned it after I took wrap off.I then taped up where i needed took it outside and laid it on cardboard and gave it a once over with the beige,let it dry,flipped it over and sprayed it down.I did have a few runs in it,I just sanded it down a bit and scuffed up the beige a bit,I didn't worry about it being "perfect" it is still a bit tacky so I took it inside hung it in basement and hit it with a mist to cover the "blemishes" and it is hanging up with fan on too dry,should be good to go in an hour or so.

I already started on the forend and saddle mount as it was already dry.I started with khaki and grey,next is green and then black and then we will see what or if I need to add to it.I went back and bought a dark green as I wanted to add a bit to the gun.I also went off script a little and instead of doing the sponge pattern in one way,I just went with what I thought looks better,I am happy so far and can't wait to see it when it is done,fun little project when you are stuck at home with work related stuff.I think I should be able to get it done tomorrow and back together and hunt with it on Saturday.

I was nervous to do it but feel a lot better now then after the first coat had some runs,I realize now I should have hung it up,oh well.It is just a "beater" hunting gun I drag around the woods during turkey season.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2019, 09:14:19 AM »
I am about 95% done,I may need a little touch up after it dries.I got out for a hunt this morning in the wind and rain and had some action but....they went out another direction and we needed to get back and get some work done.

I took some pictures of this little project from start all the way through so far,I was hesitant to start and then a little nervous after the primer/first coat but now I am absolutely Impressed with it,It turned out better than I figured It would,I love it! I may add a coat of matte clear finish if needed,we will see.I should have gun back together later today,I am heading up country for a few hours,work to do but plan on stopping and buying a 2nd Bushnell trs 25 red dot for another setup.I am impressed with that little sight.

Here are some pictures of the project....AND IT WONT ALLOW ME TO POST THEM-IT SAYS THEY ARE JPEG.......................I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SWITCH THEM TO POST..............UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2019, 09:16:49 AM »
another little thing I enjoyed with this project is using the tip of a turkey tail feather to paint under the vent rib on barrel  and the small areas on saddle mount from a tom I shot last spring.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
I have gun back together and I did touch it up in a few small areas and also noticed it is still a tad tacky in a few places,97% dry and one small area that I must have overlooked was tackier,it was the size of a wood match on forend.I will take pics of it finished and post them in a few hours when I get back home.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »
Gun will be in woods tomorrow and all weekend.

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »
Looks really good man! :drool:

Offline DeWayne Knight

• OhioWaterfowler
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2019, 02:11:29 PM »
So,i have decided to have it dipped in tiger stripe-Vietnam when my shurshot grip and forend come in.I will be looking into a scope or a red dot as well.I have it narrowed down to the trs-25 from bushnell,leupold 1-4 with turkey plex,simmons pro diamond or a bushnell 1.75 with circle-plex....I may or may not use a scope but i am getting it drilled and tapped.I have only had gun in the woods on two hunts so far.Maybe take it later this week.

I ran a Simmons Pro Diamond for years; tough scope and I never had any issues.

Offline ncturkey

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Go hunting and Fishing
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2019, 09:44:28 AM »
I went thru all of your post. Your project turned out great. As I was reading I was wondering when you were going to find about the TSS Loads. Glad you got her setup like you like. I have the same model of shotgun for my daughter and she as taking a few Turkey with it. I am setup me one up for this up coming 2020 season.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »
I actually have the gun apart right now as I touched up the paint job after the season,I spray painted the underneath of saddle mount black and added more black to the forend and in a few other places.I need a new bead as I broke the original one on it a month back.I haven't shot anything with it yet as I have a lot and I just haven't had a chance when carrying the gun.It took about three weeks for the smell to go away from the paint.I like the paint job better than the mossy oak graphic camo wrap.

I like the feel of the gun and it cycles smooth and has been a good purchase.I have no issues being happy with this purchase and project.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2020, 12:35:19 PM »
As I start to get thinking about the upcoming spring season I purchased a new fiber optic sight for this gun and mounted my scope back on this gun and I do plan on using this setup at least for a few days this spring.It will be up on the first day I go to pattern a few guns.

I have been thinking about buying another youth model as well,I may end up with it before long.I am waiting for it to go on sale locally. If I do I plan on keeping it the way it comes and adding a tru bead fiber optic.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »
I had this gun out today and dialed it in and patterned it with 3" longbeard 5-6 out to 40 yards,I set it up with a 1-4x32 Bushnell circle plex for this year.I hope I carry it for a day or two,maybe.