OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 20 gauge tss choke

Started by tnanh, April 24, 2023, 05:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

Has anyone shot this choke using hevi 13 6s or 7s or longbeard 6s. I have a new production 870 youth 20 gauge and am getting right around 100 in the 10 with other chokes and was thinking about buying one of these chokes. I dont shoot tss. This is a ported choke and labeled as a .560.

sswv

I'd be very interested in knowing myself.  my 20ga 870 youth will do 130+ with #6 LB's with a RSFT choke. I've tried a bunch and it's the boss so far.  I've been looking at that .560 choke just out of curiosity.  I'm pretty much a polk stock shooter now-a-days but grabbing that little 870 20ga for certain areas does happen.

tnanh

This is a new gun for me. My previous youth 870 produced similar numbers with the rsf choke with hevi 13 6s but this one only does around 100 with that choke. Huntable pattern. Very even but not great numbers. The lb 6s do about the same number wise. This a new production 870 from the new manufacturers. I think I will buy the tss choke and try it but not sure. I think I may polish the barrel first.

SM

I've been thinking about getting that 870 Fieldmaster compact to setup for next year. Keep us posted

tnanh

I will. I won this one in a raffle. Black synthetic stock. The good thing on the new ones is they come drilled and tapped. They feel a little more mechanical to me when the slide is racked but that could just be because it is new and has only fired 5 or 6 rounds.

Teamblue

I'd be interested in knowing this as well. I have a 870 fieldmaster youth compact. It pattens poorly with lb#5 and a .570 colonial choke.  I wish i had lb#6 to try.... Patterns beautifully with various tss of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I have a Youth 870 and it's setup with a Trulock 565 and i wouldn't want anything less restricted...because at 20 yards or less it's really a tight pattern...

tnanh

I finally shot the Remington TSS choke yesterday. Shot Hevi-13 6s and 7s. Both were really bad through this choke. Shot Hevi-13 7s through a recently acquired H-13 choke and was very pleased. Started raining so I didn't count the holes or shoot the Longbeards but hopefully I will get to in the next few days.