turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 youth model barrel length?

Started by dms2511, May 07, 2017, 09:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dms2511

Im looking to purchase an 870 youth model (20 gauge) for my next project. From looking at them, appears they offer an 18 3/4" barrel and a 21" barrel. Im not too concerned about the LOP difference, as i anticipate adding a Shurshot stock. Anyone have any feedback on the barrel length options?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg Massey

Get the 21 inch barrel , you don't want the 18 inch...  21 inch will pattern better and less recoil....  If i can help you with anything just message me....chokes you either want a Trulock or Sumtoy in my opinion ....

SumToy

both will work but the short barrel guns can be picky when it comes to chokes. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

g8rvet

Never seen anyone say "Dang I wish I had got the 18 3/4"", but I have seen some say they wish they had got the 21". 

William (sumtoy) has spoken.  get the 21".  Man knows his stuff.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.