OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who all has a Lonnie Sneed call?

Started by Grey Owl, May 05, 2017, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman

EZ

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 04, 2023, 01:12:01 PM
Quote from: gaswamp on June 04, 2023, 12:33:03 PM
what wood did Mr. Sneed use on his strikers that came with the outlaw and hot hen?
Mostly purpleheart

That must be more recently. I got all my Sneed calls years ago and he used nothing but hickory.

Greg Massey

Quote from: EZ on June 05, 2023, 11:09:22 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 04, 2023, 01:12:01 PM
Quote from: gaswamp on June 04, 2023, 12:33:03 PM
what wood did Mr. Sneed use on his strikers that came with the outlaw and hot hen?
Mostly purpleheart

That must be more recently. I got all my Sneed calls years ago and he used nothing but hickory.
Hickory and purpleheart is what i've seen him use a lot ...

ferocious calls

Made a grand trade with Lonnie more than a  dozen years ago.

Not even sure what I sent as a trade, but I remember building the box to ship my trades in.
I received a few calls that were fantastic.

Since then I have bought many calls from him- for friends.  The man makes really, really good calls. My favorite was the Raspy boss hen slate. That call is priceless with a real leather, hand sewn, cover and lots of turkeys tracks on the call.
Have I believe each of the calls he makes or made are in my collection. I enjoy talking with him when we can.

Yoder409

Just picked this one up a couple days ago with a group of other calls...........

Was pleasantly surprised.  According to Mr. Lonnie, he made this one in 1987 or 1988.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Lcmacd 58

jmart241

bigdrumnc

Man the green one is pretty!  How and what does it take to get none of those?

Tnandy

I got his Heartbreaker ceramic and the Outlaw hen back in 2022. Killed a fine late season mature tom this year with the Outlaw. The thing sounds deadly. The backend is awesome and can get loud if you crank on it. Some mighty realistic yelps and cuts. In my opinion, you can find other calls as good, but I am not sure about any better, especially the Outlaw Hen. Affordable too!! He aint trying to ring a dollar out of everyone like some of these others. I am sick of some of these ridiculous prices. I could buy a gun for what some people are selling calls for. Oh well......... glad I dont have to buy them lol. Fine gentleman, Mr. Sneed