OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1891 times)

Venatic

Hello
« on: May 05, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »
New to forum but not hunting. Hunted some years, stopped, got back into it, stopped, and now I have no plan to stop hunting until the good Lord takes me off this rock.
I have only killed a few birds, so I am by far no expert, which is why I decided to sign up on here. Seems like a lot of very knowledgeable folks on here and down to earth.
Live in Upstate Eastern NY, and hunt mainly public land there, and do have some private land in the lower ADK's that I get to hunt.
Looking forward to learning as much about turkey as possible and apply that which I learn to the field.

Yesterday was the only day out so far this season, heard a few birds just at daybreak, sis a little soft calling and waited. Moved and called and got a reply in two directions so I set up and called a bit here and there. Silence. Just hearing birds and getting replies yesterday was bettet then my entire 2016 season where I only heard one gobble.

Thank you to the Admins for approving my membership, and again, I look forward to reading and sharing about time spent hunting thunder chickens.

Offline appalachianstruttstopper

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
 :wagon:

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »
 :welcomeOG: :welcomeOG:

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
 GOBBLE-GOBBLE :hello99:  :welcomeOG: From West Kentucky.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE