OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Finally #2  (Read 3323 times)

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
Finally #2
« on: May 04, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »
Not an upgrade but very glad to get a good shot at one. Had just got home from a 4 day trip to the lake where I had missed a big tom at 10 yards. Saw this guy in one of the hay fields from the driveway and went after him. Will let the video tell the rest.

http://youtu.be/vZkm65Omfkk

It has been the toughest season I've hunted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Finally #2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »
Awesome job buddy!

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:16:08 PM »
Congrats Johnathon!! You can do it!! I've got one more tag to fill and hopefully I can do so in the morning if it ain't pouring down!!

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Finally #2
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:45:19 PM »
Congrats catman. Another great video.

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
Congrats again cat! I sure do like that new style of hunting boots you're sporting, lol!

Offline ALfwlmth

Finally #2
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »
I'll tell you what Catman, I've hauled a pretty good size camera and tripod through more turkey woods than I can count, but your dedication to getting footage is off the charts.  Most viewers want to see kill shots and gobbling/strutting turkeys, to keep them on be edge of their seats.  But your commentary as you were walking, with just greenery, and not a sign of a turkey, had me dialed in the whole time.  Every cameraman just wants the viewer to "feel like they were there", and I certainly did.  Great job!  On the turkey and the "B" footage.  Congrats on #2 and good luck on the 2 others. 

Sent from my iPhone using
My phone

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
Yep he does an awesome job filming.

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 10:34:34 PM »
catman killed number 3 today!! Congrats

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
Finally #2
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 11:29:57 PM »

I'll tell you what Catman, I've hauled a pretty good size camera and tripod through more turkey woods than I can count, but your dedication to getting footage is off the charts.  Most viewers want to see kill shots and gobbling/strutting turkeys, to keep them on be edge of their seats.  But your commentary as you were walking, with just greenery, and not a sign of a turkey, had me dialed in the whole time.  Every cameraman just wants the viewer to "feel like they were there", and I certainly did.  Great job!  On the turkey and the "B" footage.  Congrats on #2 and good luck on the 2 others. 

Sent from my iPhone using
My phone
thank you! My main goal is always to bring the hunt to the viewer and that means the hunt not just the highlights. I'll do a video at the end of most seasons with highlights from the entire season, but each individual hunt I want to try to show how it all went down.

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
Finally #2
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »

catman killed number 3 today!! Congrats
bout to start uploading the video now. lil better than #2 I think. Hunted him for 2 afternoons