turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gotta let off some steam...

Started by lightsoutcalls, April 12, 2011, 09:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

I make calls on request but do not sign or engrave personal requests until payment arrives. If the money doesn't show the ordered call gets sold after I contact buyer to see what's up. I've had customers that simply forgot to drop the payment. If I contact and get no response for 3-4 days its up for grabs.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: sugarray on April 12, 2011, 12:11:05 PM
As a consumer, there is nothing wrong with how you handled the situation and it was really great you held them as long as you did.  Unfortunately, this hurts those of us that live by our word and when we say the money is on its way, its on it way.

The exact reason I would like to see a itrader type system here on OG, It would eliminate any wonder. For those selling ,trading calls and also those of us that trade,buy,sell choke tubes or any goods for that matter.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

WyoHunter

Quote from: sugarray on April 12, 2011, 12:11:05 PM
As a consumer, there is nothing wrong with how you handled the situation and it was really great you held them as long as you did.  Unfortunately, this hurts those of us that live by our word and when we say the money is on its way, its on it way.
So true! If it was me Wendell I would want payment first before starting on any special order calls.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Old Gobbler

Just noticed this-

Although  a buyer ranking system may be worth looking into , I take it one step further here on OG-, non - payers are one issue ,  at least you still have your call , the folks that take the call first then never pay.....they get banned right away ,that way you don't have to worry about them here ever again

I go to allot of trouble to help out call makers , the last thing I want to hear in these hard times is some con artist scamming good folks out of their work- 

In the past the forum had one con -artist on it {now  banned} , he would prey on unknowing and trusting  call makers , he would place orders hoping the call maker would send the item first then skip out once he had the item - At first verified conformation of a scammer like this - immediate  ban - He is a real good story teller too -  he would place big orders then pull the mother goose story on you when you enquired where your payment went  , it was all a big scam

The policy on the OG forum stands as is...... money first to the call maker , then the customer gets the call - its common sense -

As a word of caution to those not as experienced with some of the shady types on the internet ..people are not always who they make themselves out to be - most people you can trust but there are some real criminals bouncing out there -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

a-j calls

Tom Hanks said it best...80/20..80% of the people are ok,,the other 20% look out..

ILIKEHEVI-13

It's all in who you are dealing with is what I would say.  If I buy a call from a callmaker on here and I tell them money order goes out first thing tomorrow, then you can take it to the bank that money order will be there in 3 to 4 days tops.  The callmakers I have dealt with on here like Pappy and Ryan Bongour know how I do business.  But when your dealing with someone you don't know I can understand how you feel Wendell.  You can't just make up calls and wait whenever the buyer wants to send the money.  

Old Gobbler

Not wanting to  high-jack but take this to another perspective , not people who take a little time to pay up , but rather the folks that from the onset are targeting folks for free calls , there is many ways they do this - I will point out a few so you guys know what to look for when approached by con-artist  

Call making guys always make good on a call sale here, the future of their business operation depends on a good reputation .So there is no issue with the call makers end of the deal here , I would also recommend the call maker   play the item over the phone first  to the customer before shipping , that way they don't get fancy on you , this is yet another method a internet crook will threaten to shake you down for a free item, the last thing any call maker needs is some guy threatening to spreading rumors about the quality of your calls so he can  slip out on paying you - There is a fine line between good customer service and abuse , we all know when we have run into a scam artist - If you have played the call first  to the customer and somebody tries some crook moves on you  , contact me privately :policeman:

Turkey hunters have purchased with confidence  thousands of turkey calls on OG .Like previously mentioned please do not send calls until you receive full payment , in fact if it is a pricey, or time consuming one of a kind item, you may want to require a deposit before even picking up a block of wood for them .

You guys are all running your operations and it is my pleasure to help , many of you don't know this but my father and I made calls together with our 2 man operation years and years ago .... I know how tuff it is to sell calls , booths and magazine adds don't come cheap .The best I can do is to offer OldGobbler.com forum and classifieds for free for you to utilize , I don't want your money , you keep that to pay your bills ,I do very well for myself and this is my way of appreciating your art . I don't want your calls, you don't not have to grease anyones palm or send me calls the staff here . I respect you guys too much to use you like that , Besides  if I want something I can go make it in my shop.

While we are on the subject of troublesome people on the world wide web I want to point out a few things Be very wary of folks looking for for free items , you are operating a business not a charity.  What you do with you call company is your business ,but some of these guys are real good at smooching free calls. Often times they will claim to be some guy with allot of friends and will offer to "help" you sell your calls by posting favorably all over the world wide web .......warning !!!!!  There is a good group of them floating out there , they like free or deeply discounted turkey calls , It is a well known gimmick . They will often not beat around the bush and start enquiring about "pro staff" position's - make sure you know who you are dealing with , not just some stranger you met on the  world wide web -In the end all they have "helped" you do is liberate your custom call into their collection  - We have heard it all and seen it all  .... they are friends with you until you dry them up on free calls , they will even get nasty too - know how to spot a freeloader before you are tricked out of your calls

Best regards--Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Devastator

im still trying to figure out how scott hook trusted me by sending the calls with the bill then i send him the check without knowing me?thanks scott!

wisconsinteacher

I have worked with 3 call makers in the last two months (one being Wendell) and all 3 were great.  All offered to play it over the phone and one said he would send me a call and if I liked it, I could pay him if not send it back.  I know these makers put hours into their trade and because of that I get excited about getting a call from them.  I cannot not see how someone could not get excited about a new call and pay for it up front.  Keep up the great work guys.