turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

10 over 12

Started by tha bugman, May 03, 2017, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

With all the new and improved loads what do you consider an advantage of the 10 versus the ever popular 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.C.C

none really if your comparing 3 1/2 ten to 3 1/2 twelve,heck the 12's going to be lighter to carry.

Bowguy

In the 80s I carried a 10 some. An sp10 until the slide broke the day before the opener one year. I went out n bought a 835, used that til this day w other guns still being put aside to grab that gun. Not the prettiest but I can't think of any 10 having an advantage. In fact that gun has a 10 ga barrel.
W today's loads n chokes you prob don't even need that. Much lighter options w great pattern throwing ability.
I'll never take away a mans love for a gauge, I've shot plenty w that 10 but I can't see a reason to carry it anymore

FL-Boss

No advantage with 10ga since 3.5in 12ga came out.   like the 3in 20ga killed the 16ga
Still love my 16ga though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Advantage? Being able to say that you own a 10 gauge should be enough.  :icon_thumright:

Had an NEF single 10 years ago. Dad traded it for something that I can no longer recall. Killed my first couple spring birds with it. Miss it. Finally found another and was able to make a deal. Very thankful for that. Probably won't use it more than a handful of times but I'm gonna make darned certain that my nephew gets to use it when he gets more meat on his bones.

wrink

Several reasons...
They often pattern better
They have less perceived "kick"
Helps separate the men form the boys
You can't get 8 Ga shells