North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Late afternoon

Started by FullChoke, May 03, 2017, 10:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

Quote from: cramerhunts on May 08, 2017, 05:16:05 PM
I know we need a ninth bird though to help us out, hopefully someone can pull through.

Looks like Paintbrush has the 9th bird at 57 pending pictures.  That would push us into 1st.  Our season closes here on the 14 and I'd like to make KS before it closes, but I seriously doubt I can upgrade my bird.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

harleytom

Quote from: FullChoke on May 06, 2017, 08:24:38 AM
Who all is still hunting? Whether in your own home state or travelling to others? We need at least one more bird from those who haven't gotten one this year yet. Hang in there. Several years ago I killed my only one that season 15 minutes after sunset on the last day.

Be safe.

FC
I'll be taking my grandson to NE next week, hoping to get him on his first and to finish my slam and maybe get an upgrade in the process.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FullChoke

:icon_thumright: Do Yankee birds understand hen calls with a Southern accent?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

If they are anything like this Yankee they do. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Sand Man

Not an upgrade, but I did kill my 1st with the 28ga yesterday.  It's a HAMMER!  16 pounds, 10.25" beard, and 1" spurs.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

harleytom

Quote from: Sand Man on May 12, 2017, 09:57:24 AM
Not an upgrade, but I did kill my 1st with the 28ga yesterday.  It's a HAMMER!  16 pounds, 10.25" beard, and 1" spurs.

Congrats! May have to look into roaring 28's!  ;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk