OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Yildiz youth o/u 20ga scores 2x in Ky.  (Read 2588 times)

Offline old3toe

Yildiz youth o/u 20ga scores 2x in Ky.
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:58:34 PM »
 Hey guys I had an unforgettable season again here in ky. Plenty of gobbling and endless spittin-n-drumming it seemed like. Was rather thick where i hunt with all the green and brushy stuff all bloomed out but I still managed. I have to give my sweet little yildiz lots of credit though. Such a joy to carry and handy as they come! She didn't let me down. She also proved a bit tougher than I had expected considering what all I drug her through! Took the first one at 22yds with bottom barrel,  3" win double x no 5's and imp modified choke. The second one was 28yds top barrel, 3" fed heavy weight 7's, and full choke.

Offline old3toe

Re: Yildiz youth o/u 20ga scores 2x in Ky.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 02:10:11 PM »
 I apologize for posting in the wrong section:( I thought I was still in the general hunting section. Mods please move for me or delete and I'll repost.

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »
congrats on the bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline Tom Foolery

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
Congrats

I've been eyeballing the little youth Yildiz 20 gauge myself.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
congrats

Offline SFCSNOW

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »
Wished I would have skipped over your post. I've been wanting one badly! Had just about talked myself into just spending a little money and pimp out my SA-08 20ga. Now I want one again.

Briley is the only factory choke options right?
How did you attach your sling?

Congrats on the birds.

Offline old3toe

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »
 Thanks everyone!
 SFCSNOW Briley and I believe Comp-N-Choke makes them as well. I really didn't look to hard for others since the fed heavy weights shot so well from the full choke. These little guns come with five chokes. Mine shoots mid 140's in 10" at 40yds with the fed 3" 1.5oz heavies and factory full. I used a lever action swivel stud mounting kit for the sling. The front swivel stud clamps on the barrel then tightens down with a set screw and the rear stud you have to drill a pilot hole into the stock and screw it in. I did my own drilling and it turned out good but it can be tricky. When I put the front one on I didn't want metal on metal fit so I put a piece of electrical tape under each side of the stud clamp.