Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

At least 3 birds died this morning

Started by reflexl, April 30, 2017, 09:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

TN Beard Buster and i both smacked birds this morning. Neither is an upgrade but he has one that will be from yesterday.

callaway71

Make it a third bird. Not an upgrade but filled my second tag this morning in Ky. Had a better bird at 25 yds but across the line on the neighbors. He was coming and a hen came up behind me and started putting. He never crossed the boundary. Found this guy on other side of property with 4-5 jakes and two hens. Had to holler at him to break strut.

TNTRKYHunter

Quote from: callaway71 on April 30, 2017, 11:52:11 AM
Make it a third bird. Not an upgrade but filled my second tag this morning in Ky. Had a better bird at 25 yds but across the line on the neighbors. He was coming and a hen came up behind me and started putting. He never crossed the boundary. Found this guy on other side of property with 4-5 jakes and two hens. Had to holler at him to break strut.

Congrats callaway71!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

darn2ten

Congrats fellows! I haven't had a chance to get back after them since I killed my last bird 2 Saturday's ago. Hoping to get more field time!

Tennessee Lead

Congratulations guys!
Ive not heard a Gobble in 2 weeks here.
Got 2-3 more chances before it closes down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

Kevin's bird from Sunday

My bird from Sunday

Roost 1

Several nice birds here. I see ol SX3 finally quit carp fishing and went turkey hunting.  I bet that Riley Corder call is a dandy!!!!  Looks like I'm gonna have to quit telling Callaway 71 where to hunt and how to kill them. :funnyturkey:

callaway71

Ha ha, funny. I can't even get an invite to turkey hunt with you. I guess whiskey keeps you occupied.  ;)

reflexl

Yep Riley mopped up in Nashville this year. Like father like daughter. I bought one of her calls at the silent auction. I called Clint to see which ones he was going to buy so we didn't get crossed up. Clint came over and told us that the glass pot that placed 5th was better than her call that placed 1st. He said he was going to buy the 1st place call and the 5th place call was fair game. We played the call and he was right. So glad to have that call. It is awesome.

Roost 1

I just got a call from Clint about a month ago, it was well worth the 2yr wait.

reflexl

I left off the most important part. Riley is a great kid. Anyone would be proud to have her as a daughter or in my case would be grandfather. I love Clint's calls as well. I have 3 of them. The hardest thing to do this season was to leave that Osage glass pot at the house. It's sort of like cheating.

Roost 1

You can just send it over here to west KY and I'll give it a workout.

reflexl

just take this pic to the woods. they flock to it.